"Cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle and the Burren" Top 5 Page for this destination County Clare by Dabs
County Clare Travel Guide: 705 reviews and 1,894 photos
I debated whether I wanted to do a long daytrip from Dublin, after all I had seen a good chunk of the southern part of the country in our 1st 6 days while driving. But I had seen most of what I wanted to see in and around Dublin and everyone oohs and ahhs over the Cliffs of Moher, so I decided to do a full day tour with Rail Tours Ireland that covered the Cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle, the Burren and a brief stop in Galway before heading back to Dublin.
The Cliffs of Moher certainly were impressive, it's hard to say if it was the most impressive natural site that I saw on this trip as so much of Ireland is breathtakingly beautiful. But it's certainly worth the trip to see them, regardless of the warnings you might receive about how touristy it is. I just wish I had more time to see the area around here and The Burren, I think it would have been really cool to see the Cliffs from the water. Maybe next time!
The Great Famine in Ireland lasted from 1845-1852 during which approximately 1 million people died and more than 1... more travel advice
Our guide stressed over and over that she wanted us to stay to the right, no sense in getting ourselves blown off the... more travel advice
Dabs' Related Pages
County Clare Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Sweet County Clare"
- "The Cliffs of Moher, the Burren & a lot more !"
- "Cliffs of Moher and Burren"
- "Cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle and the Burren"
- "The Cliffs of Moher"
- "Co. Clare..The Burren and the Cliffs of Moher"
- "County Clare"
- See All...
- Things to Do in County Clare
- Hotels in County Clare
- Transportation in County Clare
- Nightlife in County Clare
- Restaurants in County Clare
- Shopping in County Clare
- Warnings and Dangers in County Clare
- See All...
Badges & Stats in County Clare
- 11 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to County Clare?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in County Clare
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: London research"
- Commented on one of Dabs's County Clare travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle and the Burren"
- updated a County Clare Travel Page "Cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle and the Burren"
- Wrote a Review Pub grub in County Clare Restaurants
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 404 reviews, 588 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 259 reviews, 466 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 108 reviews, 179 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 65 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (146)
Top County Clare hotels
- Ennis Hotels
- 62 Reviews - 111 Photos
- Doolin Hotels
- 117 Reviews - 231 Photos
- Shannon Hotels
- 73 Reviews - 177 Photos
- Lisdoonvarna Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 14 Photos
- Bunratty Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 216 Photos
- Newmarket on Fergus Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Liscannor Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 22 Photos
- Killaloe Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 42 Photos
- Ballyvaughan Hotels
- 29 Reviews - 37 Photos
- Sixmilebridge Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Milltown Malbay Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Lehinch Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Kilrush Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 45 Photos
- Kilmaley Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Killinaboy Hotels
- 1 Review - 4 Photos