"Cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle and the Burren" Top 5 Page for this destination County Clare by Dabs

County Clare Travel Guide: 717 reviews and 1,934 photos

I debated whether I wanted to do a long daytrip from Dublin, after all I had seen a good chunk of the southern part of the country in our 1st 6 days while driving. But I had seen most of what I wanted to see in and around Dublin and everyone oohs and ahhs over the Cliffs of Moher, so I decided to do a full day tour with Rail Tours Ireland that covered the Cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle, the Burren and a brief stop in Galway before heading back to Dublin.

The Cliffs of Moher certainly were impressive, it's hard to say if it was the most impressive natural site that I saw on this trip as so much of Ireland is breathtakingly beautiful. But it's certainly worth the trip to see them, regardless of the warnings you might receive about how touristy it is. I just wish I had more time to see the area around here and The Burren, I think it would have been really cool to see the Cliffs from the water. Maybe next time!

• Last visit to County Clare: Jul 2009
  • Intro Updated Aug 25, 2009

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Nice page

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Thanks for the great tips, will be there in Sept and so looking forward to it. ;-)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Wonderful page stacked full of information and great photos!

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2009 at 7:07 AM

Fascinating fairy tree legend. Well, sprinkle fairy dust on you and kiss the Blarney Stone! <(•¿•)>

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2009 at 9:39 PM

I have been trying to remember what this gathering was called. One year we arrived at the GlenEagle just as they were leaving.Marg

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2009 at 7:36 PM

At least you were able to see it all in person and your discription of the castle is excellent. Thanks for the lovely tour!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2009 at 4:14 AM

I take it that for this section, you took a bus tour? Did David go, too? Loved your description of your adventure on Cliffs of Moher, and too bad about the photo shoot into the sun...but at least you were able to see it.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Excellent pics of the Burren, especially since Sue & I passed by so fast we didn't see them properly! Those people didn't ruin them, just gave them 'scale'! We did have time on the Cliffs of Moher though, one of the most spectacular things I've ever seen!

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Look forward to your pics now

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in County Clare

Have you been to County Clare?