Isla Cozumel Shopping Tips by Dabs Top 5 Page for this destination
Isla Cozumel Shopping: 41 reviews and 72 photos
Puerta Maya, where Carnival and Princess and perhaps other ships dock, is one of Carnival's manufactured ports. And that means shopping, you can find duty free liquor and the usual assortment of souvenirs in the stores. I would have preferred to go into San Miguel to do our souvenir shopping but we didn't leave ourselves a lot of time so it was simply more convenient to shop here. We did have a look around at the few shops and craft market across the street which is where we bought most of our souvenirs. The price we haggled them down to was the exact same price of the same items at the shops inside Puerta Maya so don't assume that you will be paying less by buying outside the complex.
Theme: Local Craft
When we travel we make a point to find a local supermarket-to stock up on drinks or snacks, to get a taste of local foods and to get a glimpse into how the people live.
David was fascinated with the giant tortilla maker which I somehow missed.
What to buy: If you are bringing back tequila, it's cheaper here although the selection is not as vast as the tourist shops.
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (18)
- Packing for a day stop on Cozumel
- Cruise stop
- See All Taxi from the cruise docks
- See All The Windward Coast
Dabs' Related Pages
Isla Cozumel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Coz: Going with the flow (of the Yucatan Current)"
- "ISLA COZUMEL"
- "Dive In"
- "Western Caribbean Cruise"
- "A nice day trip from Playa del Carmen"
- "Underwater animals"
- "An Island to see and Shop"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla Cozumel
- Hotels in Isla Cozumel
- Transportation in Isla Cozumel
- Nightlife in Isla Cozumel
- Restaurants in Isla Cozumel
- Shopping in Isla Cozumel
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla Cozumel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla Cozumel
- 20 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (159)
Have you been to Isla Cozumel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Cozumel
- Posted in Travel Istanbul Forum "Re: Tours or not"
- Commented on one of Dabs's Isla Cozumel tips
- updated a Isla Cozumel Travel Page "A nice day trip from Playa del Carmen"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A nice day trip from Playa del Carmen"
- Wrote a Review Shopping for cruise passengers about Puerta Maya Pier in Isla Cozumel Shopping
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 412 reviews, 599 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 271 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 186 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (158)
- Chankanaab- 15 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Beaches- 15 Reviews, 34 Photos
- San Gervasio- 14 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Mainland Daytrips- 12 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Faro Celarain Eco Park- 10 Reviews, 36 Photos
- SCUBA- 19 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Snorkel or Helmet Dive- 12 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Shop- 7 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Mayan Ruins- 6 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Tequila- 2 Reviews, 7 Photos
See All Isla Cozumel Things to Do