Isla Cozumel Shopping Tips by Dabs Top 5 Page for this destination
Isla Cozumel Shopping: 38 reviews and 61 photos
Puerta Maya, where Carnival and Princess and perhaps other ships dock, is one of Carnival's manufactured ports. And that means shopping, you can find duty free liquor and the usual assortment of souvenirs in the stores. I would have preferred to go into San Miguel to do our souvenir shopping but we didn't leave ourselves a lot of time so it was simply more convenient to shop here. We did have a look around at the few shops and craft market across the street which is where we bought most of our souvenirs. The price we haggled them down to was the exact same price of the same items at the shops inside Puerta Maya so don't assume that you will be paying less by buying outside the complex.
Theme: Local Craft
When we travel we make a point to find a local supermarket-to stock up on drinks or snacks, to get a taste of local foods and to get a glimpse into how the people live.
David was fascinated with the giant tortilla maker which I somehow missed.
What to buy: If you are bringing back tequila, it's cheaper here although the selection is not as vast as the tourist shops.
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (18)
- Packing for a day stop on Cozumel
- Cruise stop
- See All Taxi from the cruise docks
- See All The Windward Coast
Dabs' Related Pages
Isla Cozumel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Coz: Going with the flow (of the Yucatan Current)"
- "ISLA COZUMEL"
- "Dive In"
- "Western Caribbean Cruise"
- "A nice day trip from Playa del Carmen"
- "Underwater animals"
- "An Island to see and Shop"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla Cozumel
- Hotels in Isla Cozumel
- Transportation in Isla Cozumel
- Nightlife in Isla Cozumel
- Restaurants in Isla Cozumel
- Shopping in Isla Cozumel
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla Cozumel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla Cozumel
- 20 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (125)
Have you been to Isla Cozumel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Cozumel
- Posted in Travel Grand Cayman Forum "Re: dolphin swim"
- updated a Isla Cozumel Travel Page "A nice day trip from Playa del Carmen"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A nice day trip from Playa del Carmen"
- Wrote a Review Shopping for cruise passengers in Isla Cozumel Shopping
- Commented on one of BerniShand's Isla Cozumel travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 408 reviews, 596 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 260 reviews, 466 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 108 reviews, 179 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 66 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues