"A nice day trip from Playa del Carmen" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Cozumel by Dabs
Isla Cozumel Travel Guide: 577 reviews and 1,468 photos
Although many people stay on Cozumel, especially people who are divers, we have only visited on four different trips on daytrips from Playa del Carmen and once by cruise ship. The 1st two visits were on a Sunday, the 3rd and 4th times we went on Saturday. Sunday is dead for a couple of reasons, the 1st being that it's Sunday and a lot of shops and restaurants are closed so their owners can have a break plus we heard that Sunday was the day that no cruise ships are docked there.
Almost every visitors to Cozumel, whether staying on the island, coming by cruiseship or coming by ferry from the mainland, will want to get into the water and snorkel or scuba dive. Snorkeling can be done very cheaply by finding a spot on the west coast and snorkeling from shore like from the Money Bar, it can be done by small boat, you can visit a place like Chankanaab which has facilities and an admission fee, just depends on what you want from your day.
In January 2012 we joined several thousands other people that arrived by cruiseship. We were docked at the furthest dock from town, Puerto Maya, which is a creation of Carnival. We got out of the shopping Disneyland as fast as we could and hopped into a taxi to visit the beach at Money Bar.
- Pros:Awesome snorkeling
- Cons:Try not to visit on a Sunday
- In a nutshell:Perfect daytrip from Playa del Carmen
One of the best places for information on what to do in various ports is Cruise Critic. The Cruise Critic Cozumel forum... more travel advice
This was our 5th time visiting the Money Bar, all we were looking for was a place to sit and read, some snorkeling and a... more travel advice
Dabs' Related Pages
Isla Cozumel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Coz: Going with the flow (of the Yucatan Current)"
- "ISLA COZUMEL"
- "Dive In"
- "Western Caribbean Cruise"
- "A nice day trip from Playa del Carmen"
- "Underwater animals"
- "An Island to see and Shop"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla Cozumel
- Hotels in Isla Cozumel
- Transportation in Isla Cozumel
- Nightlife in Isla Cozumel
- Restaurants in Isla Cozumel
- Shopping in Isla Cozumel
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla Cozumel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla Cozumel
- 20 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (130)
Have you been to Isla Cozumel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Cozumel
- Posted in Travel Grand Turk Forum "Re: Excursions on Grand Turk"
- Commented on one of Dabs's Isla Cozumel tips
- updated a Isla Cozumel Travel Page "A nice day trip from Playa del Carmen"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A nice day trip from Playa del Carmen"
- Wrote a Review Shopping for cruise passengers about Puerta Maya Pier in Isla Cozumel Shopping
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 410 reviews, 599 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 268 reviews, 478 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 186 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues