"Tulum" Tulum by Dabs

Tulum Travel Guide: 461 reviews and 1,356 photos

Tulum

Tulum may not be the most impressive Mayan ruins on the Yucatan peninsula (Chichen Itza takes that honor IMO) but it certainly has the most spectacular setting, overlooking the dreamy turquoise water of the Caribbean.

Keep an eye out for the iguanas!

• Pros:Easy daytrip from Playa del Carmen, beautiful setting
  • Last visit to Tulum: Dec 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 25, 2006

Travelogues (1)

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2007 at 7:57 PM

So i thought the chix laid an egg. And if a rooster buggers her first, it's a fertilized egg. I didn't know that a rooster has to bugger her to have an egg. this all means roosters get LOTS! cuz chix have an egg a day, about. Wish i was a chicken!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2007 at 5:09 PM

We'll be seeing Tulum as part of our Western Caribbean cruise in June--can't wait! The beach looks great...the tips on collectivo's are very good, too!!

• Kaspian's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2007 at 8:38 PM

They are one and the same thing, dear Dabs!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2007 at 6:47 PM

Good tips and nice photos. We expect to explore Tulum when our cruise stops there - leaving in five days - can't wait.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2007 at 9:06 AM

Tulum is a beautiful little spot and I have to agree with your take on the place - best to get there before the crowds and heat build up! Nice shot of the beach! Our tour was so short that we could only look down from above and wish.

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2006 at 2:20 PM

Lovely Tulum pages. Its a fab place. I wish I was back there. greetings from London:-)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2006 at 4:59 AM

Hans and I truly enjoyed Tulum. We took the bus there from Cancun. The views are breathtaking with the turquoise seas. Like you I wasn't overwhelmed by the ruins especially after visiting Chichen-Itza.

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2005 at 2:47 PM

I think you are being a little unkind on the Voladores! They are all stuck up a pole, and you complain because they aren't doing anything ;-)

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2004 at 9:53 AM

great photos I would love to see the great Maya sights

• travelgirl3's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2004 at 1:48 PM

Beautiful Tulum photos! The beach is absolutely gorgeous! We visited about 4 years ago, and it truly is breathtaking. Thanks for sharing.

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Tulum