Montmorency Transportation Tips by Dabs
Montmorency Transportation: 7 reviews and 9 photos
Well, we weren't intending to go to the top of the Falls so we walked over to the overlook to get a good shot of the Falls from below which required walking up part of the stairway to get to the top. Then we walked up another section to get to another lookout for a little dryer view and I thought well, "we've already walked up about 1/3 of them and I did just have a big plate of poutine" so we ended up walking the rest of the way up. I counted 478 stairs, the website says 487, either way it's a heck of a lot of stairs!!!! There are lookout platforms at various stages so you can catch your breath or get just one more photo.
Not for the feint of heart, the stairway clings to the side of the cliff. And if you're planning on taking the cable car one way and walking down the other, do I really need to tell you to take the cable car up and the stairway down?
The easiest way to get up to the top of the Falls is via cable car, one way is $6 CAD, $8 round trip. The cable car station at the top is near the Manoir Montmorency, follow a short path and you'll be on the bridge over the Falls.
We drove from Quebec City, I didn't time it but it was a very quick trip as it's only about 12 km east of Quebec City. We took highway 40 east and followed the signs for Parc de la Chute Montmorency, entrance to the parking lot was just off the highway. We parked in the lot because I thought we were taking the cable car up, it was $8.75CAD to park. If you looked around the area, you might be able to find parking for free, perhaps up at the Manoir Montmorency or we saw another lot up near the first foot bridge you cross but if you want access to the cable car and the visitors center, park in the lot.
Type: Car/Motor Home
Dabs' Related Pages
Montmorency Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Montmorency Falls, a nice daytrip from Quebec City"
- "Spectacular Montmorency Falls"
- "Les Chutes Montmorency (or Montmorency Falls)"
- "A TOUR OF THE MONTMORENCY FALLS"
- "Chute Montmorency (Montmorency Falls)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montmorency
- Transportation in Montmorency
- Restaurants in Montmorency
- See All...
Explore the World
- Boyacá Hotels
- Samut Prakan Hotels
- Lamin Island Hotels
- Collins Bay Hotels
- Isle of Man
Badges & Stats in Montmorency
- 7 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Montmorency?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montmorency
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 404 reviews, 588 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 259 reviews, 466 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 108 reviews, 179 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 65 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues