"Montmorency Falls, a nice daytrip from Quebec City" Montmorency by Dabs
Montmorency Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 71 photos
Having just visited breathtaking Iguazu Falls in Brazil/Argentina earlier this year, I wasn't sure if we'd be making the side trip to Montmorency Falls or not but when we wrapped up our visit to Quebec City early in the afternoon and realized that the Falls were only about 15 minutes away from Quebec City, we thought it would be silly not to stop. Certainly they aren't as spectacular as Igazu Falls or Niagara Falls but if you find yourself with a couple of extra hours, it certainly is a pleasant diversion.
The Falls have a 272 foot drop, 1 1/2 times as high as Niagara Falls but not nearly as wide. If you find yourself in Quebec City for the Winter Carnival, you may still want to schedule a visit to Montmorency Falls as the spray from the waterfall freezes forming a mountain of ice called "Sugarloaf" reaching heights of 75 feet which I imagine is quite something to see. I saw some pictures of people using it as a tobaggan/sled hill, pretty cool!
In exchange for the silly snowman shot, I had to cede control of the camera and ruin this otherwise perfectly good shot of the Falls ;-)
From the top of the falls we were able to see rainbows from several different angles, from over the top and from the side.
- Pros:Easy daytrip from Quebec City
I doubt this is a permanent feature at the Falls but if you look closely at the attached photo you'll see that some... more travel advice
If you're not anxious to go up on top of the Falls for a better look, you can take the walkway leading from the visitors... more travel advice
Dabs' Related Pages
Montmorency Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Montmorency Falls, a nice daytrip from Quebec City"
- "Spectacular Montmorency Falls"
- "Les Chutes Montmorency (or Montmorency Falls)"
- "A TOUR OF THE MONTMORENCY FALLS"
- "Chute Montmorency (Montmorency Falls)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montmorency
- Transportation in Montmorency
- Restaurants in Montmorency
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montmorency
- 7 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (126)
Have you been to Montmorency?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montmorency
- Posted in Travel Jamaica Forum "Re: Possible to get Jamaican..."
- Wrote a Review Awwww....... in Montmorency Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Awwww......."
- updated a Montmorency Travel Page "Montmorency Falls, a nice daytrip from Quebec City"
- Commented on one of Bwana_Brown's Montmorency travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 409 reviews, 596 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 262 reviews, 471 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 186 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 66 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues