"Jelly Bellies" Pleasant Prairie by Dabs

Pleasant Prairie Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 11 photos

There are very few factory tours left in US, probably has something to do with all those darn lawyers! I had read that Jelly Belly had one of the few factory tours left in the Chicagoland area but it turns out it's a warehouse tour. It appears that there used to be a factory tour of the Jelly Belly factory in nearby North Chicago, but the only tour listed on their website is of the Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield California.

We stopped anyways to see what they had to offer which was a 35 minute tour through the warehouse by train that stopped periodically to watch a video monitor recorded at the factory so you could get an idea about how they are made, just not see it in person.

My husband likened the experience to watching the Food Network.

I wouldn't recommend making a special trip just for the warehouse tour but if you are crossing the state line between Illinois and Wisconsin, it's worth a stop even if it's just to go sample some Jelly Bellies :-)

• Last visit to Pleasant Prairie: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 20, 2004

• Tom_In_Madison's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2008 at 8:35 AM

I didn't know about this....Since when did WI become Chicagoland? Ufff.... 13.3 yesterday, I am SO done with winter!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2007 at 3:06 PM

Well, it is not exactly the same 'Prairie' landscape that I was expecting, but if these confections are anything like Jelly Beans, I'm all for them!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2005 at 12:56 PM

I see, I should visit Jelly Belly someday.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2004 at 11:22 AM

Too bad about discontinuing the factory tour. Garlic in a jelly bean, what a pity! Great info...thanks. I love carmel apple flavor too.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2004 at 12:04 PM

I can't quite imagine what a jelly belly is, but it sounds dreadful. Or have I been missing something all these years?

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2004 at 7:26 PM

After all these years. . . I never knew!

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Pleasant Prairie

Have you been to Pleasant Prairie?

Latest Activity in Pleasant Prairie