"Portsmouth VT meeting September 21-23, 2007" Portsmouth by Dabs

Portsmouth Travel Guide: 268 reviews and 1,296 photos

I was so happy when EmilieNoelle offered to host the fall US VT meeting in Portsmouth New Hampshire, at first because people stopped asking me to have one in Chicago but after I started taking a look at the information she was posting, it looked like a lovely place to visit and very close to Maine which I have wanted to visit for years. Not to mention that I got to add not one, but two states to my map!

EmilieNoelle did a terrific job of organzing the event, everyone had a great time! She undertook this meeting without having another person to help her out, I know she spent hours and hours gathering information, answering questions and making arrangements and reservations so a big THANKS goes out to Emilie!!!! And thanks to Chris (balfor) for helping with the awesome name badges and virtual attendees.

Even if there is not a VT meeting in town, Portsmouth is a lovely place to visit for a day. Strawberry Banke was a very interesting slice of history, the Isle of Shoals cruise was nice and downtown Portsmouth is darling.

• Last visit to Portsmouth: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Nov 12, 2007

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2010 at 8:48 AM

I am always drawn to historic homes. Strawberry Banke sounds like something I would really enjoy. That lighthouse looks delightful too. Thanks for the lovely tour of Portsmouth.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2008 at 2:12 PM

Looks like you had fun in Portsmouth, and saw a lot too. But over $80 for a Motel 6! I remember when they were all only six dollars. Remembering such stuff is one of the curses of growing older.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2007 at 2:05 AM

Enjoyed updates, especially about the "spiffy prison and Strawberry Banke. [And new travelogue with details].Great photos and explanations of the VT activities. Certainly fun to finally "see" Yubert.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2007 at 4:47 AM

That sure was a fun VT meet eh Kristi! And see - the Motel 6 wasn't that bad. And yes, it sure was nice having a mini-fridge and microwave for the weekend.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2007 at 12:32 PM

OMG! A photo of Yubert! I hope this proves once and for all that he and I are not the same person!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2007 at 5:13 PM

Keep it going Kristi I wonder who it was that managed to have a fridge and Microwave in their room Actually Kristi I forgot to tell you they did charge $ 3 extra for the fridge & Microwave but it was worth it

• rmdw's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2007 at 8:52 AM

Great to see your two favourite guys prominently displayed!!

• Sep 27, 2007 at 11:39 PM

oh, but although i dont do lobster, i do like a good drink. might be best not to take me anywhere, i'd drink all your booze! :)

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2007 at 1:56 PM

Thanks for the postcard, it matches the one from H & L. Hey what do you think about Bath & the Cotswolds? I think I should like to go there, so there.

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Portsmouth

Have you been to Portsmouth?

Latest Activity in Portsmouth