"Middle Michigan" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Rapids by Dabs

Grand Rapids Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 152 photos

Chihuly at Meijer Gardens

I've enjoyed seeing Dale Chihuly's works in a variety of settings, in Chicago at the Garfield Conservatory, in various museums as permanent works and even at the federal courthouse in my hometown of Hammond, IN. As we were planning our road trip to Niagara Falls, the Chihuly exhibit was a must stop on our way. The exhibit is running through October 31, 2010 and I would highly recommend visiting if you are in the area.

Petra exhibit at Calvin College

We headed to Grand Rapids this weekend to see the special exhibit on Petra that was making it's final stop on it's US tour. I'm not exactly sure how it ended up in a smaller town like Grand Rapids having spent 6 months in New York and 3 months in Cincinnati but I'm glad it did, the exhibit was much less crowded than seeing it in Chicago so you could leisurely view the exhibit.

The exhibit run through August 15, 2005.

• Last visit to Grand Rapids: Aug 2010
  • Intro Updated Aug 25, 2010

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Nice page

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Yes, it certainly is a bummer that the schnitzelbank was torn down to make room for a parking lot. For I while I had as my motto: "The surface of the Earth is too valuable to be wasted on car parking."

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2007 at 10:19 AM

Wish I would have known in 2005 about this exhibit. Probably as close to Petra as I'll ever get! Too bad about the restaurant.

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2007 at 12:02 PM

It's kind of exciting. But I'm like you (Hope he doesn't screw up!) He will do just fine and you simply must keep me filled in ANY time you have a panic attack cuz he says or does something that freaks you out. I need a good laugh! ; )

• Feb 17, 2007 at 3:55 PM

The schnitzelbank has recently been closed it was torn down and turned into a parking lot. soooooooo sad

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Grand Rapids

Have you been to Grand Rapids?