"Acadia National Park" Acadia National Park by Dabs

Acadia National Park Travel Guide: 258 reviews and 495 photos

We couldn't really visit Bar Harbor without visiting Acadia National Park and yet I felt we couldn't possibly do it justice in the mere 3 or so hours we had to tour it. Someday I'd like to go back and experience the park a bit more leisurely but I enjoyed the time that we spent here.

We didn't have to pay anything to drive up to the top of Cadillac Mountain so if you're strapped for time that might be an option. Once we entered the Park Loop Road there was a booth where we had to pay $20 (per car, not person) which gave us access for 7 days.

If you just have a day, I think the Park Loop Road is what most people recommend, a 27 mile drive through the eastern part of the park with plenty of places to pull over and take a walk or have a look around.

The National Park Service's website has a lot of additional information about visiting Acadia National Park.

• Pros:Beautiful scenery
  • Cons:Too much to see in one afternoon
  • Last visit to Acadia National Park: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 11, 2007

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2008 at 5:05 AM

Very interesting tips. We will have the park on our list of things to see.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2008 at 5:24 PM

We loved our trip to Acadia a couple of years ago. Looks like you saw a lot of the same things we did - and even took a few pictures from the same viewpoints. Lots of great memories on this page.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2007 at 4:39 AM

Great photos despite the limited time you had here. You seem to have been lucky with the weather. I realised I could remember nothing of our visit to Acadia over 10 years ago - thank you for this lovely reminder :)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2007 at 11:39 AM

A nice little page on your thoughts regarding Acadia National Park! Great views of 'Baa Haaba' from the top of Cadillac Mountain too! I've been up a couple of times and have always enjoyed the drive.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2007 at 1:14 PM

What a peaceful looking park!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2007 at 9:47 AM

We didn't have the time to explore Acadia - just concentrated on Bar Harbor. Poor Robert - I almost feel sorry for him - NOT! Oops did this one already.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2007 at 11:53 AM

What an experience, especially for Robert. Beautiful scenery with breathtaking colors. Can't believe that we did not go here when we were in Bar Harbor. But that was back before I did research before trips. Excellent pages.

• Hopkid's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2007 at 6:21 PM

A 3-hr visit and you have 8 tips?! You are definitely the queen of VT tip making!

• rmdw's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2007 at 9:58 PM

If you were Kristi's passenger, you'd be scared too!!

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Acadia National Park

Have you been to Acadia National Park?

Latest Activity in Acadia National Park