"Gene Stratton Porter State Historic Site" Rome City by Dabs
Rome City Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
We were wandering through Indiana on our way back home from Fort Wayne and I saw a sign for the Gene Stratton Porter State Historic Site so we pulled over to check it out.
I vaguely recognized the name having picked up "Freckles", one of her books, at a book sale.
The owl statue in the attached photo is one of the two standing guard at the entrance to her property
On the walk from the car park to the visitors center, you will come across the grave of Gene and her daughter Jeanette
The log cabin where she lived is open for tours, we happened to be walking by when one started so we listened for a bit.
There's no charge for the tour but donations are appreciated
Dabs' Related Pages
Rome City Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rome City
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Rome City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome City
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 404 reviews, 588 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 259 reviews, 466 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 108 reviews, 179 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 65 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues