Hammond Nightlife Tips by Dabs Top 5 Page for this destination
Hammond Nightlife: 2 reviews and 0 photos
I drive by the Towle Theater every day on the way to work and often say to myself that we should get tickets to this performance or that performance but never quite get around to it but we finally went to a performance when The Ship of Fools, a West Lafayette improv comedy troupe, made an appearance.
The tickets were ridiculously cheap at $5 for this performance, other performances at the theater are $15.
The Venue is a live music venue opened in July 2008 at the Horseshoe Casino in Hammond. They've had some really big name acts like the Smashing Pumpkins and Stone Temple Pilots perform there, the live acts range from big name comedians like Jay Leno, Joel McHale and Bill Cosby, some nostaglia acts like Alice Cooper and Bret Michaels of Poison, occasionally a current performer and lots of performers designed to bring in the Asian gamblers.
The tickets tend to be more expensive than other venues but we've bought tickets to a couple of the more reasonably priced shows, one that we got free tickets to and another we found on Groupon at a discount. For rock music they sometimes do a general admission area which is standing room only, this is the best place for a show like that as the permanent seating is too far back. For other acts, like comedians, they add seating in the front using rows AA-HH.
For our most recent visit, we won tickets to Jay Leno on a local radio station (WJOB) and the seats were in the mezzanine section 306. The mezzanine does not overlap the orchestra seats so those seats are way too far back. The stage is too far away to see at that point so I watched the entire show on the jumbotron.
The orchestra section is rows A-U, we sat in row R once and that was too far back to really watch the show so I watched that mostly on the jumbotron. I suspect a lot of the tickets are comped to high rollers, I always see people who I suspect have no idea who the performer is.
Shows are all 21+ since you are in a casino, they do check IDs on the way in if you look younger than 21
Dress Code: None
Address: 777 Casino Center Drive
Directions: From Chicago, take the Skyway to the Indianapolis Blvd. exit, turn left and you will see the huge sign for the Horseshoe casino. Parking is free unless you use the valet.
Theme: Live Music
More Reviews (33)
- See All The Frosties
- See All High priced steaks for high rollers
- See All Masonic Temple
- Local wildlife
- See All Ice boating
Dabs' Related Pages
Hammond Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I don't live in a cornfield"
- "HAMMOND - CHICAGO' S BEDROOM COMMUNITY"
- "Hammond, Indiana"
- "A town built by Pierogis and Steel"
- "The REAL Hometown of VT Member DABS"
- "PIEROGI FESTIVAL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hammond
- Hotels in Hammond
- Transportation in Hammond
- Nightlife in Hammond
- Restaurants in Hammond
- Shopping in Hammond
- Warnings and Dangers in Hammond
- See All...
Explore the World
- Buck Island Hotels
- Wasini Island Hotels
- Bhayandar Hotels
- Folly Beach Hotels
- Song Mao
- Ladakh Range
Badges & Stats in Hammond
- 35 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (126)
Have you been to Hammond?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hammond
Photos in HammondSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 404 reviews, 588 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 259 reviews, 466 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 108 reviews, 179 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 66 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (146)
Latest Hammond hotel reviews
- Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott Hammond
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013
- Courtyard by Marriott Hammond
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- Super 8 Motel - Hammond/North
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 30, 2013
- Motel 6 Hammond
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Ramada Inn & Conference Center
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 5, 2013