"Evanston" Top 5 Page for this destination Evanston by Dabs

Evanston Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 149 photos

On a beautiful sunny day in Chicago, a bunch of Vters met in Evanston for pizza at Carmen's and a wonderful tour of the downtown area and Northwestern campus led by VT's very own Katja (pedersdottir). Graciously, she did not accept any tips at the end :-)

• Last visit to Evanston: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 25, 2005

• Jun 19, 2007 at 12:06 PM

Turns out I can only write one comment? Suggestions: - Tapas Barcelona (try the choc-covered ice cream stuffed pear!) - Walker Bros. Pancake House - Davis St Fish Market - Mt. Everest

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2007 at 6:34 AM

Glad you had a nice visit with other VT members. Don't tell anyone, but I was actually born and grew up in Evanston, though I don't always admit it. I guess it's a nice enough place, for people who like that sort of thing.

• Small_World's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2006 at 5:56 PM

I love the ghostwriter...what a cool idea for a library!

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2006 at 7:53 AM

Nice job on Evanston. I was there in the late 50's & early 60's but I never wrote on the rock. I swear. I'll bet a lot has changed since my grad school days.

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2005 at 2:13 PM

That Ghostwriter is quite something :) Kristi and her pizzas hehe

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2005 at 1:32 AM

What's EI? I think of Easter Island, but I'm sure it's not that in this case ;-)

• Braveheart.southafrr's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2005 at 3:24 PM

mmmmmmmmm deep dish pizza sounds great kristi ...kenneth

• shekaago's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2004 at 8:34 AM

Great page on one of my favorite suburbs, and for a brief time, my former home town!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2004 at 8:20 PM

Excellent write-up on Carmen's and I agree. The two tips on transport are quite helpful. Putting Evanston on the VT map!

• pedersdottir's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2004 at 5:45 PM

OK I know you want to 'get down with my homies'...but is the 'yo' really necessary?.. Oh well, all roads lead to the enchanting lakefront. :-))

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Evanston

Have you been to Evanston?

Latest Activity in Evanston