"Yes, there really are elk in Elk Grove Village!" Elk Grove Village by Dabs

Elk Grove Village Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 7 photos

The month of October and even the early part of November was beautiful this year in the Chicagoland area, especially on the weekends, so when I met up with a good friend of mine for lunch we decided it was just too nice to shop and instead headed over to Busse Woods for a hike. Our 1st stop was to see the elk, one of the handsome bucks was posing for us.

It was a great day for a hike, the leaves were the bright red, oranges and yellows of the fall season and the weather was warm enough for just a sweatshirt. I hadn't really intended on taking as long of a hike as we did but at some point we decided to do the whole loop of 7.7 miles.

Elk Grove Village is located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, very close to Schaumburg and to O'Hare airport. I was surprised as we hit about the middle of the 7.7 mile loop that we had walked almost back to Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg where we had started the day off having lunch at the Ram Brewery.

• Last visit to Elk Grove Village: Nov 2008
  • Intro Updated Nov 13, 2008

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2009 at 7:11 AM

Love your main pic Kristi! I would enjoy this walk I think... lovely little page :)

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2008 at 7:38 AM

My husband would love those woods and the wildlife. He spotted a deer the other day and we're in a heavily populated area! They move along our Pawtuxet River.

• saraheg77's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2008 at 6:37 PM

I like this walk... it does not look like it has too many hills!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2008 at 7:00 AM

I enjoyed reading about your lovely walk, and that opening shot is a stunner!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2008 at 8:35 PM

What a beautiful day for a 7+mile hike. The scenery sure was grand. The Elk in the intro photo is magnificent. We celebrated Allan's birthday in Lake Geneva last week. . . cold but nice.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2008 at 6:24 AM

The Elk Preserve is quite attractive--imagine seeing these impressive animals close up and personal! It sounds like you had a great day for a walk around the preserve...its good you took the opportunity since colder weather is ahead!!!!!

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Elk Grove Village

Have you been to Elk Grove Village?