"Brookfield Zoo-one of the top zoos in the US" Brookfield by Dabs

Brookfield Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 56 photos

Brookfield Zoo keeps getting better every time we go. Since I don't have kids I don't always pay attention to the more kid friendly aspects of zoos but I know my young nieces love this place.

The giraffes are the highlight of Habitat Africa.

The kangaroos were all lazily lounging around when we were there, it didn't seem hot enouhg for them to be so lethargic especially since they are used to much warmer temperatures.

The Regenstein Wolf Woods is the most recent exhibit to open at the zoo. We stood patiently waiting for the wolves, saw a tail here or there and finally gave up but were stopped by a zoo employee wanting us to do a survey. So we told her how disappointed we were that we didn't get to see them and filled out the survey and just when we were getting ready to leave, everyone started oohing and aahing when 5 or 6 wolves made an appearance.

What I want to know is who are these Regenstein people (the new ape house at Lincoln Park zoo is also named after them) and are they willing to adopt an "older" child :-)

• Last visit to Brookfield: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 30, 2004

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Getting ready to add a Brookfield page this morning. I did a photography tour of Riverside and Brookfield on Monday and getting ready to post some photos and write a couple of tips. Also won a pass for the year to Brookfield Zoo so I will be heading back there a few more times this year. Sue and I used to be members when the kids were smaller. Probably will join again when grandkids start to arrive.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2004 at 7:06 PM

Great to see Brookfield on your site. Last time I was there was when Jill was about 3. We always go to Lincoln Park. Super photos of all the animals.

• rmdw's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2004 at 11:16 AM

Of all the animals you've taken photos of, which one do YOU most associate with? P.S. I'm NOT talking about me!!!!

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Brookfield

Have you been to Brookfield?

Latest Activity in Brookfield