"Pasadena beyond the Rose Bowl" Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena by Dabs
Pasadena Travel Guide: 391 reviews and 1,169 photos
Pasadena can easily be done as a daytrip from wherever you are staying in Los Angeles or if you have a little extra time in your schedule you could easily spend a couple of days here seeing all the wonderful things that Pasadena has to offer. Top on my list would be the Huntington Library, Art Collection and Gardens followed by the Norton Simon Art Museum, perhaps with a stop in Old Town Pasdena for lunch or dinner.
If you have the luxury of a couple of days in Pasadena or if you really enjoy architecture, make a stop at the Gamble House and I imagine they will be able to help you with an architectural tour through Pasadena in their bookstore.
The first time I went to Pasadena was to check out the huge flea market at the Rose Bowl held on the 2nd Sunday of every month. Since then I've returned six times, again to the Rose Bowl flea market and to the Norton Simon and Huntington Library, another trip to the Gamble House, to the Descanso Gardens in nearby La Canada, went on the Bungalow Heaven tour twice and another visit to drive through some of the areas listed in the walking tour guide.
Pasadena is perhaps best known though for the Tournament of Roses, the Rose Parade and the Rose Bowl usually held on New Year's Day each year (but never on Sunday). Since 1947, the Rose Bowl has been a college football game between the Big 10 champions and the Pac-10 champions although there seem to be a few exceptions in recent years.
The Tournament's official headquarters is the Wrigley Mansion, pictured above. It was donated to the city of Pasadena with the stipulation that it be used for that purpose.
- Pros:Beautiful and diverse architecture, great museums and gardens
I would LOVE to see the inside of Castle Green but it is now private residences although parts of it can be rented out... more travel advice
This was the first of the 10 architectural tours that the Pasadena Visitors and Convention Bureau put together that I... more travel advice
Dabs' Related Pages
Pasadena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~Pasadena~Route 66"
- "One of the best places to visit in So Cal!"
- "Don't Pass on Pasadena!"
- "Pasadena beyond the Rose Bowl"
- "Pasadena - Old Time Charm and Beauty"
- "Showing Sarah my Home State"
- "Pretty Pasadena"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pasadena
- Hotels in Pasadena
- Transportation in Pasadena
- Nightlife in Pasadena
- Restaurants in Pasadena
- Shopping in Pasadena
- Warnings and Dangers in Pasadena
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pasadena
- 24 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (161)
Have you been to Pasadena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pasadena
Photos in PasadenaSee All Photos (62)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 415 reviews, 610 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 279 reviews, 496 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 186 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 73 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues