Los Angeles Shopping Tips by Dabs Top 5 Page for this destination
Los Angeles Shopping: 175 reviews and 182 photos
While I like macarons, I'm not a true aficionado. At $2 per macaron, I bought myself a small sampling of the flavors I thought looked interesting and then a gift box of 13 for a friend who loves them. A couple of the flavors I chose were just OK but the salted caramel ones were delicious! Still $2 per macaron? But when I challenged my husband to make them, macarons are definitely an art, his 1st batch came out the size of oranges and the 2nd batch looked just like little meringues, maybe it's best to leave the baking to the professionals.
What to buy: Macarons of course!
What to pay: $2 per macaron, no discount for gift boxes
Address: 700 S Grand Ave
Directions: Downtown Los Angeles, 7th and Grand, very close to the 7th Street/Metro Center metro station
Theme: Food and Drink
Next door to the Farmers Market is an outdoor shopping mall called the Grove anchored by Nordstrom with lots of other mid to high end retailers such as Barnes and Noble, Coach, Crate & Barrel, Gap and Victoria's Secret. For a full listing, see the attached website.
There are also several restaurants including Maggiano's (Italian) and Morel's (French bistro) and movie theaters.
Although it's perfectly walkable, there is a street car that runs from the Farmers Market to the Grove. Parking is free for the 1st hour, with validation for the 1st 2 hours. You can also park here for the Farmer's Market.
Directions: next to the Farmers Market, follow the signs for the Grove parking which is cheaper than the Farmers Market parking
More Reviews (85)
- See All LA Conservancy-Art Deco tour
- See All Fun Greek restaurant
- See All Step back in time
- See All Metro
- See All Another Priceline bid at LAX
Dabs' Related Pages
Los Angeles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Getting at the Heart of L.A."
- ""El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles""
- "Coming to LA, see what all of SoCal has to offer!"
- "Los Angeles"
- "My Hometown: Los Angeles"
- "Gloss Angeles"
- "City of the Angels"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Los Angeles
- Hotels in Los Angeles
- Transportation in Los Angeles
- Nightlife in Los Angeles
- Restaurants in Los Angeles
- Shopping in Los Angeles
- Warnings and Dangers in Los Angeles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Los Angeles
- 87 Reviews
- 185 Photos
- 134 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (161)
Have you been to Los Angeles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Los Angeles
Photos in Los AngelesSee All Photos (185)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 412 reviews, 599 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 268 reviews, 478 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 186 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Universal Studios- 121 Reviews, 181 Photos
- Hollywood Walk of Fame- 61 Reviews, 97 Photos
- Olvera Street- 61 Reviews, 152 Photos
- Venice Beach- 59 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Disneyland- 59 Reviews, 82 Photos
- Griffith Park Observatory- 24 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Star's Homes- 16 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Warner Bros Studio Tour- 18 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Chinatown- 18 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Hollywood Sign- 34 Reviews, 37 Photos
See All Los Angeles Things to Do