"Long Beach" Long Beach by Dabs

Long Beach Travel Guide: 491 reviews and 1,245 photos

I headed to Long Beach in the late afternoon so I really didn't have much time to sightsee. It's a much bigger city than I thought, I figured it was about the same size as Santa Monica but it's much larger at around 475,000 residents to Santa Monica's 85,000 residents.

Queen Mary

The reason most tourists know of and will head to Long Beach is the Queen Mary, a former passenger ship purchased in 1967. The other top draw in Long Beach is the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific.

• Last visit to Long Beach: Mar 2005
  • Intro Written Mar 14, 2005

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2007 at 9:41 AM

'boob smoosher' LOL What a perfect description :) You have me in fits! I have ordered pizza for Lance for dindin... SANS bally sweetcorn!!!

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2005 at 2:15 PM

Isn't it time you gave our boat back? ;-) BTW, what is a corn dog? And just how would you screw one?

• grandmaR's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2005 at 9:23 AM

I went to the WS website - they have a pastrami dog. How I'm hungry

• rmdw's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2005 at 9:08 AM

"it's pretty hard to screw up a corn dog" Hmmm .... and I always thought I was a corn dog ... or is that 'Corny Canucky'!!!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2005 at 2:56 PM

We took the Queen Mary tour, and it was very good. We also did the Scorpio, and it was claustrophic. The price is steep, but the best milkshake I've ever experienced was on the Queen Mary! Great Restaurant tips.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2005 at 11:45 AM

I saw only beach (with oil platmorfs hidden behind palms on Pacific islands haha) and Queen Mary (I got lost and drove many times around there haha). Good tips.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2005 at 4:51 AM

Thanks for a nice page!

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Long Beach

Have you been to Long Beach?

Latest Activity in Long Beach