"A nice spot for a weekend getaway" Top 5 Page for this destination Cambria by Dabs

Cambria Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 202 photos

Although we just stopped for a night on our way up to San Simeon, Cambria seemed like the perfect place for a weekend getaway either with a friend or for a little romance with your honey. The hotels along the beach are just a short drive away from the town where you could easily spend an entire afternoon poking around in the gift shops and antique stores.

It's also a perfect place to base yourself for a visit to Hearst Castle in San Simeon about 5 miles away, head out on a wine tasting tour since you're in the middle of wine country (or should I now say "Sideways" country?), visit the Piedras Blancas Elephant Seal Rookery 12 miles north or take in the beauty of Big Sur, the section of the California coastline to the north.

• Last visit to Cambria: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 28, 2006

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2006 at 3:08 PM

What a gorgeous hotel. Reminds me one that Allan and I stayed in Williamsburg. Enjoyable read, Krisit and helpful as usual.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2006 at 3:53 AM

Hans and I stopped in Cambria on our way to the Big Sur. I remember it as a lovely, yet very touristy little town with wonderful shops.

• Nov 15, 2006 at 3:54 PM

"with a friend or for a little romance with your honey" .... hmmm, did we romance kristi? loooool! i like this place! thanks for taking me along, it was a *hot* weekend ;-)

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2006 at 6:16 PM

There is so much in Cambria you have yet to see....that means you will have to come back!!! Your suite awaits your arrival but in the meantime I think I will use the suite until you get here & Lord knows when that will be.

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Cambria

Have you been to Cambria?

Latest Activity in Cambria