Sevastopol' Hotel Tips by Dabs Top 5 Page for this destination
Sevastopol' Hotels: 88 reviews and 47 photos
I booked the Dakkar Resort on the advice of my Bradt guide, it sounded like a nice place to stay in a nice location. And it *was* a nice place to stay, if it had just been somewhere else. Balaklava is 12km from Sevastopol and while that doesn't sound like a great distance, if you are taking public transportation, it can easily take 30-45 minutes to get between the two. A taxi will of course be quicker and more expensive.
I'll start with the location since it was the biggest downside to this hotel, I had paid for an upgraded room with a balcony because I thought we would have a nice view overlooking the Black Sea. But Balaklava is centered around a cove that feeds into the Black Sea so our view was of the marina, much of which was filled with military ships, and of the gravel mine across the street. Another added "benefit" to the balcony room was that it was on the 4th floor and I got plenty of exercise climbing the 4 flights of stairs several times a day.
The staff was very pleasant and very helpful, they were always able to tell us which buses to take to get where we were going and spoke English quite well. The stop for Marshrutka #9 was within walking distance, there was a 24 hour convenience store about a block away.
Unique Qualities: Although not what I'd consider a resort, the hotel itself was quite nice and I have no complaints about the room or the staff.
Room-Room 402 was very spacious, the bed was a king sized moderately comfortable bed. There was an in room safe, minibar and refrigerator with a bit of extra room for our stuff. Saturday and Sunday night there were other guests in the 22 room hotel but Monday night I think we were the only ones there. The noise level was fine except for Monday night when the gravel mine was fully operational all night long, I slept but my husband did not.
Bathroom-very nicely decorated, plenty of hot water, toiletries included soap, shampoo, conditioner and bath gel.
Breakfast-included in the rate, you order off a menu instead of a breakfast buffet. The 1st morning I ordered the Irish breakfast which the Irish would be surprised to find out is toasted bread with an over easy egg, thousand island dressing and bacon. The next morning I ordered scrambled eggs and bacon, a little lost in translation as again I got an over easy egg and bacon. The 3rd morning I passed on breakfast.
Address: vul Kalicha 13
Comparison: about average
Directions: within walking distance of the cove, restaurants, naval museum and Genoese ruins
More Reviews (24)
- See All Military presence
- Market at 5km
- See All Daytrip to Bakhchysaray
- See All Electric trolleybus
Dabs' Related Pages
Sevastopol' Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A formerly closed city trying to get it's sea legs"
- "Sevastopol'-the city of Russian glory"
- "Sevastopol! Take a step back in time!"
- "Sevastopol - city of monuments"
- "Sevastopol-navy city"
- " SO SPECIAL... "
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sevastopol'
- Hotels in Sevastopol'
- Transportation in Sevastopol'
- Nightlife in Sevastopol'
- Restaurants in Sevastopol'
- Shopping in Sevastopol'
- Warnings and Dangers in Sevastopol'
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kameya Rakan
- Adler Apartments
- Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo
- Hotel Europa 92
- Annam Apartments
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas
- Hotel Le Brun
- Harrington Hall Hotel
- Hotel Gotz
- Mostly Hall
- Hostal Torino
- Sailfish Resort on the Ocean - Myrtle Beach
- Freestone Inn And Cabins
- Hotel Porvoon Mitta
Badges & Stats in Sevastopol'
- 25 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (126)
Have you been to Sevastopol'?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sevastopol'
Read real reviews about Sevastopol' Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 402 reviews, 584 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 248 reviews, 444 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 99 reviews, 171 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 65 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues