"The spice island" Top 5 Page for this destination Grenada by Dabs
Grenada Travel Guide: 396 reviews and 1,126 photos
Grenada, known as the spice island as they process more spices per square mile than any place in the world, is an independent three island nation in the Caribbean, Carriacou and Petite Martinique are the other two islands. Before coming here, my only knowledge of Grenada was regarding the US invasion in 1983, a subject our tour guide didn't touch on until we asked him about it.
It was the 3rd stop on our Southern Caribbean cruise and we prearranged a tour with A&E Tours instead of going with one of the ship's tours. Our tour included stops at Annandale Falls, Seven Sisters Falls, a rum distillery and a spice store. Seven Sisters was the highlight and we enjoyed learning a bit about the spice industry on Grenada at the spice store. Annandale Falls was pretty but not an essential stop and I would pass on the rum distillery as it was really only a stop to buy alcohol.
I had thought that Grenada would be a lot like Dominica and in some respects it was-lush and green. We visited Grenada on the day after we stopped on Dominica and we both liked Grenada a lot more than Dominica, maybe it was because we picked a better guide, maybe because we went a little off the beaten path, maybe because there were less ships in port and the tour stops weren't as crowded.
Whatever the reason, someday I'd like to go back and explore the rest of the island, it seems that there is a lot more to see than you can cram into one day on the island from a cruise ship.
We didn't have a lot of time to walk around Grenada's capital city but it looked like a charming place. The cruise ships... more travel advice
We didn't know we were making the trek to Seven Sisters when we got off the ship in the morning but our companions... more travel advice
Dabs' Related Pages
Grenada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IT'S COOL"
- "Nutmeg, Rum, Hurricanes and Ronald Reagan"
- "Henrik's Grenada-page"
- "The spice island"
- "Grenada - The Spice Island"
- "Grenada - In One Day!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grenada
- Hotels in Grenada
- Transportation in Grenada
- Nightlife in Grenada
- Restaurants in Grenada
- Shopping in Grenada
- Warnings and Dangers in Grenada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grenada
- 13 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (155)
Have you been to Grenada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grenada
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 415 reviews, 608 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 271 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 186 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 73 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues