Moscow Hotel Tips by Dabs
Moscow Hotels: 12,701 reviews and 278 photos
We stayed at the Arbat Hotel for 3 nights in Aug 2003. The room was quite spacious, the beds reasonably comfortable, nice hot showers, a small refrigerator. Bring your own hair dryer if you need it.
I really liked the location, the hotel was 2 blocks from Arbat Street and one of the excellent inexpensive Moo Moo restaurants and within walking distance of another reasonable restaurant, Elki Palki. It was less than a 10 minute walk from a metro station.
Unlike the other hotel we stayed at on this trip, there were no prostitutes or casinos in the lobby, in fact the atmosphere was rather quiet. This must have been a former Soviet diplomat hotel, the rooms were unusually large and the corridors and common areas were huge.
The breakfast buffet was ample and included pastries, cereal, made to order omelets, bacon, juice, bread, meat and cheese.
Address: 12 Plotnikov Pereulok, Moscow
Comparison: about average
Chances are if you are traveling with a tour group that you will be staying at this mammoth 1,777 room hotel.
The room was adequate, we had a view of the All Russian Exhibition Center that was across the street. The toiletries were minimal (shampoo, bath gel and soap), no hair dryer in the standard rooms.
The included breakfast buffet was OK but many of the hot dishes were cold. The buffet dinner was OK but I would have preferred to eat somewhere else.
The hotel is across the street from the VDNKh metro station. We didn't take it but I imagine it was about a 1/2 hour ride to the center of the city.
We didn't use any of the hotel amenities but there was a fitness center (for an additional $10 per day unless you had an upgraded room), bowling alley (also for an additional fee), casino, night club. There were prostitutes hanging out in the bar, several of the men in our group were approached. I don't think it is all that uncommon in Moscow.
Unique Qualities: All in all it was an decent hotel but if you're just looking for a nice place to sleep, for a little more money (about $15 per night more) you could have the centrally located Arbat Hotel if you don't want all those extras
Address: Prospect Mira 150
Comparison: about average
Directions: Across the street from the VDNKh metro station
More Reviews (38)
- See All At the Nikulin Circus-another photo
- See All Old Circus (Nikulin)
- See All Driving in Moscow
- See All Elki Palki
Dabs' Related Pages
Moscow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Moscow..."
- "Memories of Moscow"
- "Mother Russia"
- "Moscow is my Universe"
- "Marvellous Moscow"
- "Moscow - Thrilling capital of Russia"
- "MOSCOW !!! MOCKBA !!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moscow
- Hotels in Moscow
- Transportation in Moscow
- Nightlife in Moscow
- Restaurants in Moscow
- Shopping in Moscow
- Warnings and Dangers in Moscow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moscow
- 40 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 26 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (125)
Have you been to Moscow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moscow
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: Help me plan our itinerary..."
- updated a Moscow Travel Page "Moscow, how you've changed!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Statue of Pushkin on Arbat Street"
- Commented on one of ratherton's Moscow travel pages
- Wrote a Review At the Nikulin Circus-another photo in Moscow Off The Beaten Path
Read real reviews about Moscow Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 408 reviews, 596 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 260 reviews, 466 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 108 reviews, 179 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 66 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kremlin- 230 Reviews, 386 Photos
- Red Square- 123 Reviews, 200 Photos
- KGB Headquarters Lubyanka- 29 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Red Square - Saint Basil Cathedral- 64 Reviews, 130 Photos
- Arbat Street- 40 Reviews, 72 Photos
- Tverskaya Street- 34 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Alexander Garden- 13 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Metro- 58 Reviews, 104 Photos
- VDNKh Exhibition- 36 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Red Square - G.U.M. - Gosudarstevemy Universahy Magazin- 34 Reviews, 68 Photos
See All Moscow Things to Do