"Sinaia, pearl of the Carpathians" Sinaia by Dabs
Sinaia Travel Guide: 169 reviews and 565 photos
Our final stop of the first leg of our Romania trip was in the town of Sinaia. Technically Sinaia is in the province of Wallachia but it has the same flavor as the medieval Saxon towns found in Transylvania.
Sinaia is a resort area located in the Bucegi Mountains, in the wintertime a place to go for a skiing holiday, in the summertime a place to enjoy some hiking. But our time here was short, a visit to Peles Palace and the Sinaia Monastery and we were on our way back to Bucharest.
- Pros:The beautiful Peles Castle, awesome scenery
- Cons:Not a lot of options for dining
The Palace Hotel was opened in 1912, the hotel lobby harkens back to a different era when hotel lobbies were meant to... more travel advice
Dabs' Related Pages
Sinaia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sinaia, the first town I have visited..."
- "SINAIA - THE PEARL OF THE CARPATHIANS"
- "A Mountain of Trash"
- "Sinaia a pearl of Carpathian Mountains"
- "Sinaia - the beautiful mountain resort"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sinaia
- Hotels in Sinaia
- Transportation in Sinaia
- Nightlife in Sinaia
- Restaurants in Sinaia
- Shopping in Sinaia
- Warnings and Dangers in Sinaia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sinaia
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Sinaia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sinaia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 409 reviews, 596 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 262 reviews, 466 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 183 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 66 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues