"Amsterdam, a popular layover destination" Amsterdam by Dabs
Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,204 reviews and 21,369 photos
Both of my visits to Amsterdam have been on long layovers flying from another European city back home to the US. My choices for flying this time was either through London Heathrow or Amsterdam Schiphol, Amsterdam's airport is large but it's still a lot easier to transfer through than Heathrow and the transportation option to the city much easier and quicker.
We had an intentional 7 hour layover in Amsterdam, once we got there and saw the gloomy gray skies, I wished I had opted for a few extra hours in bed!!! But the rain held off and we enjoyed a canal cruise and a walk through the central area of Amsterdam before hopping back on the train and heading back for the long journey home.
We didn't see a lot of people riding bicycles in Amsterdam, perhaps because it was a Sunday and a drizzly one at that... more travel advice
I was fascinated by FEBO, although not fascinated enough to plunk money into one of the slots! We passed by one of them... more travel advice
Dabs' Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "dila's new Amsterdam Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 12 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (125)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 408 reviews, 596 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 260 reviews, 466 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 108 reviews, 179 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 66 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues