"Amsterdam, a popular layover destination" Amsterdam by Dabs
Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,658 reviews and 22,682 photos
Both of my visits to Amsterdam have been on long layovers flying from another European city back home to the US. My choices for flying this time was either through London Heathrow or Amsterdam Schiphol, Amsterdam's airport is large but it's still a lot easier to transfer through than Heathrow and the transportation option to the city much easier and quicker.
We had an intentional 7 hour layover in Amsterdam, once we got there and saw the gloomy gray skies, I wished I had opted for a few extra hours in bed!!! But the rain held off and we enjoyed a canal cruise and a walk through the central area of Amsterdam before hopping back on the train and heading back for the long journey home.
We didn't see a lot of people riding bicycles in Amsterdam, perhaps because it was a Sunday and a drizzly one at that... more travel advice
I was fascinated by FEBO, although not fascinated enough to plunk money into one of the slots! We passed by one of them... more travel advice
Dabs' Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 12 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (161)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: Is Buckingham Palace a "
- updated a Amsterdam Travel Page "Amsterdam, a popular layover destination"
- Commented on one of Dabs's Amsterdam travel pages
- Wrote a Review More fast food about PATAT FRIETES (Fries) in Amsterdam Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Canal tours"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 416 reviews, 611 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 279 reviews, 496 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 112 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 73 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 44 reviews, 125 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues