"Monte Carlo" Top 5 Page for this destination Monte-Carlo by Dabs

Monte-Carlo Travel Guide: 130 reviews and 523 photos

The last time I was close to Monte Carlo was on a cruise in the Mediterranean, I should have gone then as it was a quick 15 minute train ride as opposed to a 2+ hour car ride from Aix. I just couldn't be that close again and pass up the opportunity so we hopped on the tollroad (ouch!) and made our way to Monaco. The weather wasn't really cooperating for the views, there were some low clouds and some fog but on the other hand at least it wasn't scorchingly hot for the climb up and down the streets as we wandered around

Monaco is known as the rich people's playground, every other car that passed us was some luxury brand, parade of Masseratis, Porsches, Bentleys, Lambourghinis, Merecedes and BMWs. I was a little surprised that they let us into the casino as we weren't well dressed, maybe they don't enforce dress codes until the evening? And the people we saw at the tables were hardly James Bond although we weren't able to go into the private rooms

• Last visit to Monte-Carlo: Jun 2012
  • Intro Updated Oct 10, 2012

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2014 at 8:20 AM

We once spent a few hours in Monaco (travelling by train from Nice) to see a football match, but I don't remember much about it apart from the station area and football stadium ;-) So I enjoyed seeing your photos and dredging up the few memories I do have!

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2013 at 11:32 AM

So Daniel Craig wasn't there that day...oh well I love your opening picture!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I also had the opportunity to take a drive over there from Nice where I had to go for work. It was worth it to add another country! Good page!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Kristi, I see you've had a great experience there, even though your stay was not long enough...

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2013 at 7:55 AM

After I had seen the cars and yachts in Cannes, presuming that Monaco would even be more luxurious, I bought a ticket at the multi million Lotto. Unfortunately I did not win the 100 million € prize that would allow me to become a citizen of (tax paradise) Monaco.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2013 at 9:26 AM

What a beautiful place. Whenever I hear Monaco, I think of Princess Grace. Nice page!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Kristi, lovely little page about Monte Carlo here. I must admit that I have never really visited the place and from your page it doesn't sound to be too exciting.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
      Nov 30, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Have to say that I didn't feel like I missed anything and I was only there for a couple of hours. But I got another country :-)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Hi, Kristi! Congratulations on your exiting trip to Monaco - the Big Wigs' Place...)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Somehow this doesn't exactly sound like my sort of place. But I'm sure I'll go there sometime, just like everyone else. (Their opera house has a good reputation, for one thing.)

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM

If I'd known there was no dresscode for the Casino I would have ventured in in my shorts, t-shirt and flip flops and taken a quick look! I was more suitably dressed for Larvotto Beach, so we headed there instead!

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Monte-Carlo

Have you been to Monte-Carlo?

Latest Activity in Monte-Carlo