"My favorite castle in Southern Bohemia" Hluboka nad Vltavou by Dabs

Hluboka nad Vltavou Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 90 photos

We ended up at Hluboka nad Vltavou without having pre planned our visit, we finished up at Cesky Krumlov sooner than we expected and when we looked to see what was around, a visit to this castle was logical since it was close to Ceske Budejovice where we were spending the night. We didn't expect to be able to tour the inside since it was rather late in the afternoon and we had a little trouble finding where to park including a rather tense few moments when we parked on a downhill slope and were trying to get out of a parallel parking spot with a manual car....

But after checking at the tourism bureau, they told us we could park on the street out front of them and walk up to the chateau, but it was too late for a tour. We went anyways and they were still giving one more tour in Czech so we bought tickets for that, this turned out to be my favorite of the four castles/chateaux that we visited in Southern Bohemia and Prague.

• Last visit to Hluboka nad Vltavou: May 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 29, 2008

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Kristi, lovely little page about this Czech gem. Happy new year. :-)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Wow, I will have to put this on my list of must sees! Beautiful castle, easy to see why its your favorite

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2008 at 5:39 PM

I can certainly see why this beautiful Chateau was your favourite!! Ah, the perks of the upper class, having enough cash to renovate a place like this two or three times. Nice move on your part to at least get the cheaper local tour!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2008 at 12:14 PM

Schwarzenberg Castle is quite a gem! You were very fortunate to have arrived for the last tour...perfect timing! Why don't we have castles in Texas!!!!!!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2008 at 6:21 AM

great to see your excellent, new page about my favorite castle in Czech Republik !

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2008 at 8:19 AM

Wonderful description of the castle, and its history. Your photographs are excellent also. Looks as though you and David had a really good trip. I've enjoyed reading about all of them.

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2008 at 1:07 PM

Wow!!...now that is a proper castle! Very impressive!! I'll certainly bear Chicago in mind for later this year...and I'm sure you'll be able to show me where the best pizzas can be found? :-) Any luck with getting tickets for the football in London?

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Hluboka nad Vltavou

Have you been to Hluboka nad Vltavou?