"Tabor, a pleasant afternoon stop" Tabor by Dabs
Tabor Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 49 photos
As we were driving from Ceske Budejovice back to Prague, we scanned the map to see what interesting places lie between the two cities and settled on Tabor as our 1st stop. There's a delightful main square and if you stop by the tourism office and pick up a map, there's a walking tour that hits the highlights of the town, estimated at 1 1/2 hours if you do the historic center, 3 hours if you also include a walk through the natural areas-the botanic garden, Jordan Lake, Luznice River and the waterfalls.
The city of Tabor is home to around 36,000 residents, the area that you want to see is just a small part of it, the historic center which is surrounded by woodland on three sides and a lake on the fourth side.
The town of Tabor was founded in 1420 by the Hussites, religious exiles from Prague, the name Tabor comes from the mountain where the transfiguration of Christ took place. If you want to learn more about the history of the town and the Hussites, there is a Hussite Museum on Zizka Square.
Prazska Street, one of the pedestrian only streets that radiate off Zizka Square, is where you can find the Renaissance... more travel advice
I was a little Czeched out on the local food and if you know anything about me and David, it's that we love pizza and we... more travel advice
Dabs' Related Pages
Tabor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tabor, a pleasant afternoon stop"
- "Czech Wonder"
- "Tabor..home of Husite wariors"
- "On the way to..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tabor
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (125)
Have you been to Tabor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tabor
Photos in TaborSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 409 reviews, 596 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 260 reviews, 466 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 183 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 66 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues