"Brugge" Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge by Dabs
Brugge Travel Guide: 2,819 reviews and 7,593 photos
Brugge is one of those rare towns that is both a must see and a tourist trap. With a little care in planning, you can avoid the tourist trap side of the city and have a lovely visit to this magical place. Try to spend at least one night here, after the day trippers leave, it becomes a quiet lovely place to take a stroll and find a good meal.
Start your visit in the heart of the town at the Markt and the Burg, the square adjoining the Markt but make sure you head to the south of the center to see the area around the Lake of Love and the Begijnhof, my favorite spot in Brugge. A canal trip, although touristy, is a must and if Brugge is your only stop in Belgium (or even if it's not), try some frites, Belgian beer, a fresh Liege waffle and some of the chocolates that Belgium is famous for.
My solo visit in May 2015 was my 5th visit to Brugge, I spent 1 1/2 days here before the Euromeet in Aachen. Our 1st visit in September 2000 was just a 1/2 day stop between Gent and Lille, our 2nd visit was in September 2006 when we spent 2 nights on a driving trip mostly through Belgium. September 2011 was our 3rd visit and was our 1st stop on a driving trip through Belgium and France, we spent 2 nights here before heading to Lille for the Grand Braderie. Our visit in August 2013 was our 4th visit to Brugge, We stopped for 1 night so that David could swim in the canals for the 2nd time and then headed to the Grand Braderie in Lille which is held the 1st weekend in September. If given the opportunity, I'd come back here in a heartbeat!
- Pros:Charming medieval city
- Cons:Lots of tourists!
Although only four episodes into the series "The White Queen", I thought it would be interesting to follow the self... more travel advice
I loved the location of the Ibis Brugge Centrum, it was extremely easy to find with directions printed off Via Michelin,... more travel advice
- See All Train from Brugge to Aachen
- See All Brugge City Card
- See All German Christmas shop
- 13e Brugse Zwemdoortocht
Dabs' Related Pages
Brugge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brugge - The promise of things to come"
- "Bruges Beyond Kitsch"
- "Charming just Charming"
- "Brugge, Venice of the North"
- "Brugge die Schone"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brugge
- Hotels in Brugge
- Transportation in Brugge
- Nightlife in Brugge
- Restaurants in Brugge
- Shopping in Brugge
- Warnings and Dangers in Brugge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brugge
- 42 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (161)
Have you been to Brugge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brugge
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: JFK screening time on..."
- Commented on one of goodfish's Brugge tips
- updated a Brugge Travel Page "Brugge"
- Wrote a Review "White Queen" self guided walking tour about Walking in Brugge Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to ""White Queen" self guided walking tour"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 415 reviews, 610 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 279 reviews, 496 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 186 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 73 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues