Bath Transportation Tips by Dabs Top 5 Page for this destination
Bath Transportation: 40 reviews and 29 photos
I missed out on the cheap APEX fare by train from London and the train fare would have been almost as much as doing an Explorer Day with London Walks so on my visit in August 2005, I decided to do a guided tour from London with London Walks. As of 1/1/08, the London Walk tour is £32, it doesn't say exactly what's included but I know the train fare and the guide are included, a train car was reserved for us so that we could sit together. I think we had to pay extra to go see the Roman Baths but we got discounted tickets.
If you get the advanced purchase fare like we did, it was £19 round trip plus there is a free guided walking tour of Bath so Bath can be done much cheaper if you reserve your train tickets in advance.
Jen's sister gave us a ride back to London from Bath, they found an inexpensive car park on the side of town that was walkable to the center, the charge was only L4 for over 6 hours. Traffic back to London on a Sunday early evening was fairly heavy, I can only imagine how horrible it is in the summer when tourism is in full gear.
Type: Car/Motor Home
Train, 1 1/2 hours via rail from Paddington or Waterloo, the cheapest fare is 19L if you reserve at least 7 days in advance but only on certain trains and you have to select a particular train. There do not appear to be any cheap day returns for Bath from London so if you do not reserve in advance, expect to pay quite a bit more.
Bus-National Express, looks like a 3 1/4 hour journey from Victoria Station to Bath for L16
Megabus does not appear to serve Bath
More Reviews (14)
Dabs' Related Pages
Bath Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Visit to Jane Austen's Town"
- "Baaaaarth, Darling !"
- "An afternoon in Bath"
- "Home to Britain's only Hot Springs"
- "Beautiful Bath"
- "Dipping my toe into Bath!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bath
- Hotels in Bath
- Transportation in Bath
- Nightlife in Bath
- Restaurants in Bath
- Shopping in Bath
- Warnings and Dangers in Bath
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bath
- 17 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (159)
Have you been to Bath?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bath
Photos in BathSee All Photos (70)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 412 reviews, 599 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 268 reviews, 478 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 186 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 40 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (158)
- Roman Baths- 114 Reviews, 207 Photos
- Pulteney Bridge- 39 Reviews, 87 Photos
- Bath Abbey- 71 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Royal Crescent- 33 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Circus- 28 Reviews, 48 Photos
- River Avon- 17 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Sally Lunn's House- 7 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Architecture- 15 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Jane Austen Museum- 11 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Street Scenes- 13 Reviews, 21 Photos
See All Bath Things to Do