Bath Transportation Tips by Dabs Top 5 Page for this destination

Bath Transportation: 40 reviews and 29 photos

London Walks Explorer Days Trains Review

I missed out on the cheap APEX fare by train from London and the train fare would have been almost as much as doing an Explorer Day with London Walks so on my visit in August 2005, I decided to do a guided tour from London with London Walks. As of 1/1/08, the London Walk tour is £32, it doesn't say exactly what's included but I know the train fare and the guide are included, a train car was reserved for us so that we could sit together. I think we had to pay extra to go see the Roman Baths but we got discounted tickets.

If you get the advanced purchase fare like we did, it was £19 round trip plus there is a free guided walking tour of Bath so Bath can be done much cheaper if you reserve your train tickets in advance.

Type: Train

Website: http://www.walks.com/Homepage/The_Explorer_Days_Away_We_Go!/default.aspx

• Updated Mar 2, 2008
Driving to Bath Driving to Bath Review

Jen's sister gave us a ride back to London from Bath, they found an inexpensive car park on the side of town that was walkable to the center, the charge was only L4 for over 6 hours. Traffic back to London on a Sunday early evening was fairly heavy, I can only imagine how horrible it is in the summer when tourism is in full gear.

Type: Car/Motor Home

• Written Feb 2, 2008
Options for getting to Bath from London

Train, 1 1/2 hours via rail from Paddington or Waterloo, the cheapest fare is 19L if you reserve at least 7 days in advance but only on certain trains and you have to select a particular train. There do not appear to be any cheap day returns for Bath from London so if you do not reserve in advance, expect to pay quite a bit more.

Bus-National Express, looks like a 3 1/4 hour journey from Victoria Station to Bath for L16

Megabus does not appear to serve Bath

Type: Other

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Feb 2, 2008

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Bath