Gibraltar Transportation Tips by Dabs
Gibraltar Transportation: 106 reviews and 92 photos
Before June (poons) had suggested the organized bus trip, I had looked into how to get to Gibraltar via bus, there are direct connections from Marbella, Malaga and several other spots on the Costa del Sol to La Linea, the town on the Spanish side of the border. It doesn't appear that you can go directly into Gibraltar but from what I've read the bus station in La Linea is just a short walk from the border.
Since we had such a short period of time to visit, the entire gang hopped on a bus to go to and from the cable car station which is on the opposite end of Gibraltar from the border crossing.
The bus driver will take Euro or British pounds or Gibraltar pound and can make change, it was 60p or 1E each way. There's a day long bus ticket as well but the price was in excess of the 2 trips we'd end up taking.
We took Bus No. 3 to get to the cable car station, we caught it right after we had gone through passport control so we didn't get to walk over the Gibraltar airport runway.
More Reviews (8)
Dabs' Related Pages
Gibraltar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gibraltar - The Rock"
- "A brief history..."
- "Gibraltar - A British Colony"
- "Gibraltar - Home of the Rock"
- "Gibraltar - Still a British Colony"
- "Gibraltar - not the best weather but still great!"
- "Britannia on the Iberian Peninsula"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gibraltar
- Hotels in Gibraltar
- Transportation in Gibraltar
- Nightlife in Gibraltar
- Restaurants in Gibraltar
- Shopping in Gibraltar
- Warnings and Dangers in Gibraltar
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pulau Kukup Hotels
- Magnetic Island
- Digha Hotels
- Beas Hotels
- Upper Matecumbe Key Hotels
Badges & Stats in Gibraltar
- 10 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Gibraltar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gibraltar
Photos in GibraltarSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 402 reviews, 584 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 254 reviews, 452 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 106 reviews, 179 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 65 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (143)
Latest Gibraltar hotel reviews
- Caleta Hotel
- 285 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- O'Callaghan Eliott Hotel
- 484 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Emile Youth Hostel
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- Bristol Hotel
- 246 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Rock Hotel Gibraltar
- 744 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Queen's Hotel
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- Ocean Heights Apartments
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013
- Continental Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Governor's Inn
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 15, 2012
- Cannon Hotel
- 88 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- The Town / Main Street- 52 Reviews, 105 Photos
- Caves / Tunnels- 45 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Barbary Apes- 54 Reviews, 91 Photos
- Tours - Land / Sea- 38 Reviews, 52 Photos
- A View at the Top- 30 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Europa Point- 18 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Cable Car- 19 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Statues / Monuments / Museums- 19 Reviews, 27 Photos
- The Rock- 26 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Forts / Batteries / Castles- 30 Reviews, 40 Photos
See All Gibraltar Things to Do