"Kew Gardens on a daytrip from London" Top 5 Page for this destination Kew Gardens by Dabs

Kew Gardens Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 345 photos

Kew Gardens has long been on my to see list in London but it's about a 1/2 hour outside of the city so I always defer it to the next trip.

Well, the next trip finally came and I had a beautiful sunny day to go explore the gardens. I got there just a bit after the gardens opened and headed in the opposite direction from where most of the flowers are, it was almost like I had the place to myself!

This is one of the easiest daytrips from London, you can get there via tube and it's a well marked short 5-10 minute walk from the tube station to the gardens.

You could easily spend a 1/2 day or more here, as I was wandering around I thought it would be the perfect place to have a picnic lunch but alas I didn't think of it beforehand!

• Last visit to Kew Gardens: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 29, 2004

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Nice photo's of what looks to be pretty good gardens.

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2007 at 7:38 AM

I have just been again to Kew cause monkey really wanted to go :-)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2007 at 12:30 PM

Hey, no fair!! I've been to London many times too and have still not made it the the Gardens! I love plants of any kind, so I guess I've only myself to blame. Thanks for the virtual tour - I liked starting off with the BC tree!

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2006 at 6:48 AM

Well you have seen much more of Kew Gardens than me and I live very close by! Lovely page Kristi.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2006 at 6:17 PM

You got a sausage - were you looking for keilbasa??? LOL I love this place and your nice page. Hope you have a great birthday! Be glad I can't sing HB for you. :-)))

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2006 at 7:27 AM

This is a lovely page...I liked the idea of the nose gay garden. I had wanted to go there but never did get around to it. Maybe next time...

• iwys's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2006 at 8:12 AM

What a great page. I went to Kew, before an interview for a job in Malaysia. Kew is so far out from the centre of London that I only just made the interview with seconds to spare and I got the job.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2006 at 7:28 AM

I used to live on Kew Green, the gardens were like my back garden. I love them at all times of the year. Nice page - I'm glad you finally made it. leyle

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2005 at 7:29 AM

Kew Gardens is the right daytrip from London. Very useful tips and pics. Ciao!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2005 at 3:20 PM

Nice tips and travelogues. Those "Queen's Beasts" look quaintly ferocious.

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Kew Gardens

Have you been to Kew Gardens?