"Oxford" Oxford by Dabs
Oxford Travel Guide: 965 reviews and 2,037 photos
I've been to Oxford four times now and I still don't think I've seen it properly, next time I go I will spend the whole day there.
I fell in love with gargoyles and grotesques on my very first trip to England and the place I fell in love with them was Oxford. I still remember the shop clerk to whom I gushed about how wonderful I thought these gruesome stone creatures were crinkling her nose at me and saying she thought they were perfectly dreadful. Exactly! The more hideous, the more gruesome, the more I like them!
Our 1st stop in Oxford was the church of St. Mary the Virgin where we climbed the 124 steps up to the top for a... more travel advice
Dabs' Related Pages
Oxford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oxford Stories"
- "The Gown Town"
- "A home in Oxford"
- "The Oxford Story"
- "City of Dreaming Spires"
- "The City of Dreaming Spires"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oxford
- Hotels in Oxford
- Transportation in Oxford
- Nightlife in Oxford
- Restaurants in Oxford
- Shopping in Oxford
- Warnings and Dangers in Oxford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oxford
- 6 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Oxford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oxford
Photos in OxfordSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 409 reviews, 596 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 262 reviews, 466 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 183 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 66 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues