"Visit to Warwick Castle" Top 5 Page for this destination Warwick by Dabs
Warwick Travel Guide: 244 reviews and 524 photos
Our 1st visit to Warwick Castle was in July 2004 when my husband and I made the trip out there, we liked the experience so much that I put it at the top of the list of places to take my young niece and nephew when we visited London in August 2008. I was even able to find a deal at the last minute, appropriately through Last Minute.com, for 2 for 1 tickets for both the kids and adults. This is my favorite castle in England that we've visited although Windsor is a close second, a terrific place to take kids that is not too far outside of London.
I had been wanting to head out to this castle for years before we actually made it there but as it's located almost 2 hours outside of London, July 2004 was the first chance I had for a full day trip out. If you have a couple of days to spare, you might consider staying in the area for a couple of nights (see Shakespeare Explorer under transportation tips) and visiting nearby Stratford, the castle at Kenilworth or Royal Leamington Spa.
Some people may say that Warwick Castle is too touristy but I think it's a nice balance of history and theater, something that will please both kids and adults. Check the Castle's website for special events, although the Great Mediaeval Summer is only during peak season, they seem to have plenty of activities in the off season as well.
This was probably the cheesiest part of the castle experience for adults but fun for kids, a joust between the bad... more travel advice
The Mill House dates back to 1398, it was used for grinding flour in the Middle Ages. In the 17th century an engine... more travel advice
Dabs' Related Pages
Warwick Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Warwick, England."
- "Visit to Warwick Castle"
- "Warwick - My Birthplace"
- "Not only Warwick Castle"
- "Warwick - The Castle and Much More Besides.."
- "Pronounced 'Worrick', not like Dionne..........."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warwick
- Hotels in Warwick
- Transportation in Warwick
- Nightlife in Warwick
- Restaurants in Warwick
- Shopping in Warwick
- Warnings and Dangers in Warwick
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warwick
- 32 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (161)
Have you been to Warwick?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warwick
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: JFK screening time on..."
- updated a Warwick Travel Page "Visit to Warwick Castle"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visit to Warwick Castle"
- Wrote a Review Warwick Castle-Trebuchet about Warwick Castle in Warwick Things to Do
- Commented on one of Imbi's Warwick travel pages
Photos in WarwickSee All Photos (68)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 415 reviews, 610 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 279 reviews, 496 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 186 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 73 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues