"Switzerland" Switzerland by Dabs
Switzerland Travel Guide: 14,145 reviews and 41,834 photos
I usually do all of the trip planning, from picking the destination, to booking logding, cars and airline tickets to figuring out what we will be doing once we land but my husband said he had some ideas...
Of course this made me, the travel control freak, VERY nervous, but I let him go about plotting this trip out until one day he said he had booked the tickets and we were going to ??? I think I guessed most every country surrounding Switzerland until one day, quite by accident, I found the receipt for Swiss.com and now I knew where I was going. I had never really given Switzerland much thought but I'm not really sure why, after a little research I found that it had lovely lakes, beautiful alps, food with French, German and Italian influences, what's not to like?
I ended up booking everything else, the hotels, the car and figuring out the itinerary, the only help hubby gave me was that we had to be in Annecy France on Wednesday.
Our itinerary changed as we went along and we ended up changing our hotels for 3 of the nights as we shifted and adjusted our priorities.
We arrived into Zurich around 11am Saturday and headed into Zurich by train to find ourselves in the middle of the thumping techno beat of the annual Street Parade. We had some lunch, wandered through town and then headed to Bern for our 1st night.
Sunday we visited Bern in the morning and then after lunch we drove to Trummelbach Falls, then drove through Grindelwald and Interlaken before heading to Fribourg for our 2nd night
Monday we visited Fribourg in the morning, headed to Gruyeres in the afternoon, visited the Chateau Chillon in the late afternoon and had a drive through Montreux before heading to our hotel in Archamps, France, about 20 minutes south of Geneva.
Tuesday we had planned to spend the entire day in Geneva but ran out of things to do so we hopped back over the French border to Yvoire and Evian, overnight again in Archamps, France
Wednesday it was off to Annecy, France so David could do the Traverse du Lac, after lunch we headed to Sion for the night
Thursday we headed to Zermatt where we did the Gronergrat trip and then headed over the Furka Pass, stopping in ________ for dinner before arriving at our hotel in Zug Baar near Lucerne
Friday the weather looked a bit rough so instead of heading to Lucerne we headed to Liechtenstein, another unscheduled stop, before driving through _______ so we could get a look at Lake _____ and then pulling into St. Gallen where they were having another festival. We had dinner here and then headed back to our hotel in Zug Baar.
Saturday we went into Lucerne and did the trip up to Mt. Pilates and then headed for our final night near Zurich's airport
Dabs' Related Pages
Switzerland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Switzerland was my home for more than 5 years"
- "Switzerland like a dream..."
- "Welcome to the Heart of The Alps"
- "The Heart of Europe"
- "I love Switzerland - and all their cable-cars!"
- "VT Meeting Party for Janet"
- "First-Bachalpsee- First_Tour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Switzerland
- Hotels in Switzerland
- Transportation in Switzerland
- Nightlife in Switzerland
- Restaurants in Switzerland
- Shopping in Switzerland
- Warnings and Dangers in Switzerland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Switzerland
- 65 Reviews
- 172 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (126)
Have you been to Switzerland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Switzerland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 402 reviews, 584 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 248 reviews, 444 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 98 reviews, 171 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 65 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (143)
Top Switzerland hotels
- Geneva Hotels
- 980 Reviews - 2075 Photos
- Lucerne Hotels
- 946 Reviews - 2697 Photos
- Zürich Hotels
- 1860 Reviews - 5529 Photos
- Interlaken Hotels
- 506 Reviews - 1355 Photos
- Lausanne Hotels
- 345 Reviews - 879 Photos
- Zermatt Hotels
- 535 Reviews - 1494 Photos
- Lugano Hotels
- 390 Reviews - 1036 Photos
- Beatenberg Hotels
- 1 Review - 1 Photo
- Basel Hotels
- 483 Reviews - 1348 Photos
- Lauterbrunnen Hotels
- 262 Reviews - 779 Photos
- Engelberg Hotels
- 78 Reviews - 491 Photos
- Bern Hotels
- 591 Reviews - 1806 Photos
- Cointrin Hotels
- 4 Hotels
- Montreux Hotels
- 123 Reviews - 414 Photos
- Ascona Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 55 Photos