"Killarney and the Ring of Kerry" Top 5 Page for this destination Killarney by Dabs
Killarney Travel Guide: 268 reviews and 585 photos
The Ring of Kerry was the one place that everyone seemed to have on their must see list for Ireland, some people meander leisurely through the Ring spending multiple days here, others like me devise a way to drive the whole route in a day. It doesn't sound like a long drive from the actual mileage but driving in Ireland isn't quick, especially on the scenic routes so plan for at least a day to drive the Ring of Kerry.
Like us, most people make Killarney their base to drive the Ring of Kerry, we spent the night before we drove it in Killarney and made Kenmare on the other side of the ring our stopping point for the evening. In the morning we visited some of the sights around Killarney-Ross Castle, Ladies View, Torc Waterfall and Muckross House before doubling back and driving the Ring of Kerry counterclockwise as most of the guidebooks suggested in order to avoid the inevitable game of chicken we would have to play with the tour buses.
This is definitely a day where weather made a huge difference, we had gorgeous sunshine and great visibility, I don't know that it would be nearly as enjoyable on a rainy, foggy, overcast day.
The Ring of Kerry is a scenic 175 km (110 mile) road that circles the Iveragh Peninsula, a very popular draw for... more travel advice
As we really didn't have time to sit down and have a full blown lunch, when we got to Cahersiveen, one of the larger... more travel advice
Dabs' Related Pages
Killarney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "There's More to Killarney Than Lakes"
- "The Emerald Isle"
- "tvdm's Kool Kerry and Killarney page"
- "Killarney and the Ring of Kerry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Killarney
- Hotels in Killarney
- Transportation in Killarney
- Nightlife in Killarney
- Restaurants in Killarney
- Shopping in Killarney
- Warnings and Dangers in Killarney
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Killarney
- 12 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (125)
Have you been to Killarney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Killarney
- Posted in Travel Grand Cayman Forum "Re: dolphin swim"
- Commented on one of Dabs's Killarney travel pages
- Wrote a Review Packing for rainy with a chance of sunny spells in Killarney What to Pack
- updated a Killarney Travel Page "Killarney and the Ring of Kerry"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Killarney and the Ring of Kerry"
Photos in KillarneySee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 408 reviews, 596 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 260 reviews, 466 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 108 reviews, 179 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 66 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues