"Lismore Castle" Lismore by Dabs

Lismore Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 43 photos

I found it rather amusing, just weeks after we returned from Ireland, and my husband hands me a copy of the September Vanity Fair featuring Lismore Castle and asks me if we've been there. I guess that's why he always refers friends and family to me when they have travel questions.

We didn't, as they suggest, eat a mountain of oysters, drink a Guiness in the Red House Pub or sail on Tony O'Gallagher's boat watching leaping salmon, but we did stop in Lismore on our way from Waterford to Cahir to have a look at the stunning castle, have some lunch and have a quick look through town.

• Last visit to Lismore: Jul 2009
  • Intro Updated Aug 22, 2009

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2011 at 6:16 AM

I just re-watched the 2007 film of Northanger Abbey, googled the location and looked it up on VT - your pictures are wonderful and the street/gate looks exactly like in the film! The other pictures only lack the gothic darkness, lightning and thunder! :-)

• nhcram's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Our house is named after this town. The previous owners of the house met and married here and named the house after the romantic meeting. I would love to visit the town one day.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2009 at 7:06 AM

What a very castle-like castle, if you see what I mean! And so nice to see that you found that elusive blue sky :-)

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2009 at 7:09 AM

Beautiful photo/detail on the castle! Grazie, <(•¿•)>

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Kristi, you are quite correct - that castle is stunning! You managed a great shot of it. So much to see in Ireland and so little time.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Lismore Castle must capture every visitor's imagination--I can picture Cromwell doing his best to topple walls and intimidate villagers as he traveled through the area....glad Lismore is still in one piece.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Fish and chips are my favorite, but the castle looks absolutely charming. Your so lucky to see such wonderful history.

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Eur8 just for the grounds sounds like Hever castle move along!!

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Lismore

Have you been to Lismore?

Latest Activity in Lismore