"Waterford" Top 5 Page for this destination Waterford by Dabs

Waterford Travel Guide: 169 reviews and 420 photos

We spent our 1st two nights in Ireland in Waterford, I had thought it would be a nice base to see that area from but if I were to plan another trip, I would probably base myself out of Kilkenny which would have been closer to the things we ended up seeing.

We really didn't have a lot of time to explore Waterford itself, just a couple of hours on the 1st morning after we woke up and recovered from our jetlag. We stopped by Reginald's Tower, had lunch at Bodega, visited Christ Church Cathedral before heading east to see Johnstown Castle and see the sights in Wexford.

On our 2nd morning, we headed west from Waterford and drove the coastal road passing through Tramore, Annestown and Dungarvan before heading to Lismore where we stopped for a look at the castle there and lunch. The drive along the coast was very scenic, it's what I always imagined Ireland would look like with cliffs plunging into the sea, lush green grass and farmhouses dotting the landscape.

• Last visit to Waterford: Jul 2009
  • Intro Updated Oct 25, 2009

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2011 at 6:43 AM

Hi Dabs. Still reading your tips on my beloved City. Regarding the directions to the hotel - did you actually go over to Bridge Street or did you cross the Bridge from the Kilkenny/Dublin/Wexford side and then turn left?

• starship's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Nice little page. I found your honest opinions very helpful. The story of Thomas Francis Meagher was also particularly interesting!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Another gorgeous little page about your adventures in Ireland. I once used Waterford as a base to explore the surroundig area with Tramore and especially Dunmore East.

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2009 at 3:32 AM

Wonderful pages. Wouldn't have minded seeing Waterford for my birthday. Thanks for the wishes!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2009 at 4:04 AM

I'm with you. I definitely would not have jumped into that swimming spot. I had to chuckle when I read that you had Pizza in Ireland.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2009 at 11:16 AM

I wouldn't mind a walk on the beach but I don't think this town will make it on my top priority list of places to visit.

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Waterford

Have you been to Waterford?

Latest Activity in Waterford