Granada Restaurant Tips by Dabs Top 5 Page for this destination

Granada Restaurants: 176 reviews and 179 photos

Crepe - Granada

Crepe

Cafe au Lait: Crepes and more

We needed fortification after our walk through the Old Arab Quarter and before our afternoon visit to the Alhambra so we saw some cafes alongside the Darro River with a nice view of the Alhambra and after perusing the menus (there are several connected cafes), we settle on Cafe au Lait so that Kat could get a lighter lunch and I thought crepes sounded pretty yummy. And I got to speak a little French instead of trying to mumble something in Spanish!

Favorite Dish: I tried a crepe with eggs, bacon and gruyere cheese, it was a little light on ingredients but it satisfied my hunger.

Comparison: less expensive than average

Price: less than US$10

Rating: 3

Theme: French

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written May 21, 2006
Ooh La La: Ooh No No

Kat and I were searching for a place to have dinner on our last night and our first choice had a 20 minute wait so we went around the Plaza Bib Rambla and found that most places were booked solid, saw that Ooh La La had lots of open tables (note to readers: this is usually a bad sign when everything else is busy!) and so, tired of walking, we sat down and ordered a four cheese pizza to split between the two of us. Bad decision, we should have waited for that other restaurant or stuck to our original plan of having gelato for dinner :-)

There was one waitress for the restaurant and she was busy gabbing with the chef and ignoring her few tables of customers. I would not recommend this place, if you are on the Plaza Bib Rambla, try Gran Cafe Bib Rambla instead.

Favorite Dish: The pizza wasn't very good and was over priced, for the pizza and 2 soft drinks it was 15E!

The only bright side was that they did give us a free tapa with chicken skewers and olives that was actually not bad (Kat thought it was too salty).

Address: Plaza Bib Rambla

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: Northside of the Plaza

Price: US$11-20

Rating: 2

Theme: Local

• Written May 21, 2006
Kat tells me this picture is a little risque ;-) - Granada

Kat tells me this picture is a little risque ;-)

Gran Cafe Bib-Rambla: Breakfast of churros and chocolate

Our hotel was within a 5 minute walk of Plaza Bib-Rambla which had about 10 or 12 restaurants lining the square. We tried several of the restaurants for various meals but this was our favorite and we ate here three times, twice for a breakfast of churros and chocolate for me and cafe con leche for Kat and once for lunch.

We ended up with the same waiter each time we went, a very pleasant young man that Kat was able to converse with since she knows a bit of Spanish.

Favorite Dish: Churros y chocolate is a Spanish breakfast tradition that I really enjoyed, I had them three times while in Spain on this trip. Churros are a fried dough that you sprinkle sugar on and then you dunk them in a cup of thick hot chocolate, muy bueno!

When we stopped for lunch, I tried the Paealla mixta which was pretty good. Paella is a Spanish rice based dish that is seasoned with saffron which gives it that yellow color. You can get various meats added to it, the mixta here had some mussels, squid, chicken and pork.

Comparison: about average

Price: less than US$10

Rating: 4

Theme: Breakfast

• Written May 13, 2006

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Granada

Have you been to Granada?

Latest Activity in Granada