"Granada" Top 5 Page for this destination Granada by Dabs
Granada Travel Guide: 2,061 reviews and 5,240 photos
My 1st visit to Granada was in 1998 on one of those organized bus tours from the Costa del Sol, even back then tickets to the Nasrid Palace section of the Alhambra were hard to come by if you didn't book in advance and you simply can't miss this part of the Alhambra should you find yourself in Granada. I regretted not being able to spend more time in Granada back in 1998, there's definitely more than just the Alhambra!
So when my "husband" Kat and I were planning our trip to Marbella for the big VT meeting, we decided to spend a couple of nights in Granada so that we could have a relaxed visit to this fabulous old Moorish city that sits in the shadow of the snow capped Sierra Nevada mountains. The time we spent in Granada was probably my favorite time on this trip, we saw a lot and walked a lot but we gave ourselves enough time so that we could leisurely enjoy a breakfast of churro y chocolate at an outdoor cafe each morning, had plenty of time to shop for gifts and trinkets, and could relax in the evening with a glass of sangria and some Spanish food.
My advice, if you can spare the time in a country filled with fabulous places to visit, is to spend at least 2 full days in Granada and see more than just the Alhambra which in itself takes about a 1/2 day. I really enjoyed walking through the Old Arab district, visiting the Cathedral and Royal Chapel, poking through the shops in and around Plaza Bib Rambla.
- Pros:The Alhambra, history, churros y chocolate and free tapas!
- Cons:Someone got lost in a shrubbery maze :-(
- In a nutshell:You won't regret spending a couple of days here!
I happened upon this garden as I was walking west on the Gran Via de Colon. I thought perhaps the building in the... more travel advice
Seems everywhere I've gone in the past several years I've found graffiti aimed at the current President of the United... more travel advice
- Required reading
- See All Summer Palace
- See All Crepes and more
- Visiting Granada
Dabs' Related Pages
Granada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Granada"
- "Much More Than The Alhambra"
- "And How to fall in love with a city...."
- "Feel of Old Islam in Spain"
- "Beautiful architecture and fantastic views!"
- "La Alhambra y Generalife"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Granada
- Hotels in Granada
- Transportation in Granada
- Nightlife in Granada
- Restaurants in Granada
- Shopping in Granada
- Warnings and Dangers in Granada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Granada
- 37 Reviews
- 131 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (159)
Have you been to Granada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Granada
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 415 reviews, 609 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 278 reviews, 496 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 186 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 73 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues