"Grand Turk" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Turk by Dabs

Grand Turk Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 388 photos

Grand Turk cruise ship stop

I didn't do a lot of research on Grand Turk so I really wasn't aware that our stop was one of the manufactured ports owned by the Carnival Corporation (Princess is under the Carnival umbrella). Our stop here was very short, we docked at 1pm and the sun went down before the ship sailed. I really wanted to snorkel with stingrays again since the experience on Grand Cayman had been so much fun. But this was a different experience, one stingray, lots of people pushing to get photos taken, some adults even pushing young kids out of the way.

Most people just stayed inside the cruise terminal, mostly heading to the beach to lounge in beach chairs and spend a bit of time in the water

• Last visit to Grand Turk: Jan 2013
  • Intro Updated Feb 17, 2013

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Grand Turk is one of a few places in the Caribbean I haven't been to -- looks like I haven't been missing too much! Great opening photo.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
      Mar 15, 2013 at 8:04 AM

It sounded so exotic, Turks & Caicos! I'm not wild about the manufactured ports but I'm sure other cruisers really enjoy them

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Ha! We stopped at the exact same port about a month ago. I'm glad that I had been to T&C years before because this port was quite disappointing.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
      Feb 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Princess Cays? 30 minutes only if you stop and rest ;-)

• DSwede's Profile Photo
      Feb 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM

It was Coco Cays, but equally as small... I was around the island before most people were even off the boat

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Grand Turk

Have you been to Grand Turk?

Latest Activity in Grand Turk