"Kingston" Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston by Dabs

Kingston Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 175 photos

We hired a private guide to take us to Kingston for the day from Ocho Rios. I had heard that Kingston was to be avoided, it's dangerous, dirty and unpleasant. While there are sections of Kingston that fit this description, there is also a very nice section of Kingston with mansions, upscale shopping and high end hotels, some interesting historical sites, Spanish Town and Port Royal, and even a relaxing snorkeling/beach trip out to Lime Cay.

This wouldn't be my first choice of a daytrip from Ocho Rios but as we had been to Dunn's River Falls, rafting on the Martha Brae and on various boat excursions we thought we would try something a little different.

• Last visit to Kingston: Feb 2005

• Nov 10, 2008 at 9:38 AM

Nice page and inserting!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2007 at 6:13 AM

The hideaway of pirates and other crusty souls...Kingston! It sure sounds alluring, Kristi. Hee,hee! Thanks for the tips...

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2007 at 2:07 AM

Another really helpful page Kristi, will certainly help us in planning our trip (one day!!)

• Amanda_atl's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2006 at 10:59 PM

Great job at describing Jamaica and Kingston, specifically. I just moved back after living in Kingston for 3 and half years and I also lived in Negril. I'm going to start building my pages now :)

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2006 at 3:12 AM

Cool page... Looks very nice... I doubt I will bear the heat though as you know I like the opposite... Devon house looks stunning... I want a house that big!!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2005 at 8:32 AM

A return trip to Jamaica. Now that sounds like a great New Year's resolution.

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2005 at 2:41 PM

Great page Kristi! Jeez that guy whose memorial you showed...80 years...thats old for those times! Happy travels, Blu

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2005 at 2:20 PM

great page. I am glad you did not folow the adivce and stay away.

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Kingston

Have you been to Kingston?

Latest Activity in Kingston