"Ocho Rios" Top 5 Page for this destination Ocho Rios by Dabs

Ocho Rios Travel Guide: 271 reviews and 638 photos

Ocho Rios is located on the north coast of Jamaica, about 2 hours east of Montego Bay. At one time a sleepy fishing village, it is now a busy cruise ship port and home to many of the mega resorts.

Of the three places we've stayed in Jamaica-Negril, Montego Bay and Ocho Rios-I liked the location and the resort the least. For a first time visitor, I would recommend a look at Negril, a much nicer beach that you can actually walk along.

• Cons:Long drive from the airport, no long walks on the beach
  • Last visit to Ocho Rios: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 4, 2007

• Honeydoo's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Never hand tips to management, they keep it all for themselves

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Nice transportation to a some sunny climes on a dark night here!

• mazzap's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Another good page Kristi! Useful for the cruise we've booked.....doesn't seem to be getting any nearer though, haha! Marion x.

• loisl's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2008 at 10:41 AM

Cool place! I wanna go there tooo!!! ;-) Cheers, Peter

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2007 at 12:54 PM

A while back I commented that "I think I now know one place we don't want to stay when we go to Jamaica next year" - so guess what, we ARE going here but to a B&B Inn not a resort ;)

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2007 at 9:41 AM

It is always special to find hidden secrets natural spots and small villages of such a magnificent place like jamaica!;)

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2007 at 4:00 PM

great tips and pics.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2006 at 5:50 AM

Great Ocho Rios page Kristi. Like you, I checked out our accommodations with Trip Advisor before we went to Cancun for two weeks. The info is there if people take the time. A Harry Potter book!! Cool!! Also thanks for visiting my Ronda page.

• Pete.Gibson's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2006 at 11:26 AM

Hey, Kristi, Enjoy the London VT meet I will try to get there myself but have other commitments and the moment...Good Ocho Rios pages

• Nov 29, 2005 at 1:27 PM

Dabs, thanks for your postings. I have found a lot of useful info on your pages. I have one suggestion--it would be even more helpful if you mentioned the cost of the various tours you have taken. Thanks again.

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Ocho Rios

Have you been to Ocho Rios?

Latest Activity in Ocho Rios