Buenos Aires Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Dabs
Buenos Aires Warnings and Dangers: 178 reviews and 90 photos
Apparently the idea of doggie bags not only hasn't reached the restaurants but they also haven't hit the streets with the dogs owners. Be careful walking the sidewalks in Buenos Aires lest you be smelling up the tango hall or lobby of your hotel, it's everywhere!!!!
And I'm sure you will be glad that I didn't find this an appropriate time for a photo op ;-)
Although we encountered no problems in our 4 days in Buenos Aires, remember it's a large city and be conscious of your wallet, valuables and jewelry. Buenos Aires is a city that stays up late and we felt comfortable walking later at night (10 or 11 pm) but if the streets get deserted you might take a taxi for a little extra security. We traveled on major streets when possible, there always seemed to be people on Av. 9 de Julio or Av. Sante Fe or Cordoba.
There were some beggars along Av. 9 de Julio later at night and near some of the more touristy attractions, you would also see people rummaging through the trash pretty frequently but none of these people seemed to pose any kind of threat.
We learned pretty quickly that pedestrians really have no right of way even when there's a walk sign showing. Always check that there's no traffic turning onto the street you want to cross, usually they will stop for large groups of people but one or two people just seem to have a giant bullseye on them!!!! Cab drivers seem to be the worst, ours from the airport almost rammed into several groups of people in our 15 minute cab ride.
More Reviews (39)
- See All Madres de la Plaza de Mayo
- See All Daily covered market in San Telmo
- See All Chain restaurant in Palermo
- See All Banco Frances-Optician building
- See All Q 1920
Dabs' Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tholos Hotels
- Campo López Hotels
- Odolo Hotels
- Hamilton Hotels
- Namib-Naukluft Park
- Siwa Warnings and Dangers
- Personal Safety
- Antananarivo Warnings and Dangers
- Ha Long Warnings and Dangers
- Osijek Warnings and Dangers
- Pagudpud Warnings and Dangers
- Irkutsk Warnings and Dangers
- Kawm ad Dahab Warnings and Dangers
- Texel Warnings and Dangers
- Fauna & Flora
- Kobe Warnings and Dangers
- Banaue Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 42 Reviews
- 110 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 38 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (126)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: The most-asked questions?"
- Commented on one of jumpingnorman's Buenos Aires travel pages
- updated a Buenos Aires Travel Page "Did I mention BEEF?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Did I mention BEEF?"
- Wrote a Review Madres de la Plaza de Mayo about Protests in Buenos Aires Local Customs
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 402 reviews, 584 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 248 reviews, 444 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 99 reviews, 171 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 65 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (143)
Latest Buenos Aires hotel reviews
- King's Hotel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 21, 2013
- Viasui Hotel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013
- Art Suites
- 117 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 3, 2013
- Vain Boutique Hotel
- 185 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Portal del Sur Hostel
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 23, 2013
- Own Palermo Hollywood
- 330 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Craft Hotel
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 13, 2013
- Grand Boulevard
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Hotel Chile
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Monserrat Apart Hotel
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Regis Orho Hotel
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 21, 2012
- Lafayette Hotel
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 31, 2013
- Hotel Cambremon
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Tango Bed and Breakfast
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- La Boca- 122 Reviews, 221 Photos
- Recoleta- 157 Reviews, 230 Photos
- San Telmo- 136 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Plaza de Mayo- 136 Reviews, 202 Photos
- Recoleta - Cementerio de la Recoleta- 44 Reviews, 132 Photos
- El Obelisco- 53 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Florida Street- 44 Reviews, 60 Photos
- 9 de Julio Avenue- 48 Reviews, 83 Photos
- El Congreso- 36 Reviews, 74 Photos
- Puerto Madero and Catalina's- 67 Reviews, 117 Photos
See All Buenos Aires Things to Do