"Reims-city of champagne" Top 5 Page for this destination Reims by Dabs

Reims Travel Guide: 306 reviews and 963 photos

We visited Reims, the largest city in Champagne, on a daytrip from Paris although many people visit the Champagne area and spend several days there sampling the wares from the many different champagne houses/cellars that you can visit. Another highlight is the magnificent Notre Dame cathedral where the kings of France were crowned.

I don't think we visited Reims at the best time of year, the town was rather quiet during the period between Christmas and New Year's, a lot of businesses seemed to be closed and there were not a lot of tourists wandering about.

• Pros:Champagne!
  • Cons:December is off season
  • In a nutshell:An easy day trip from Paris
  • Last visit to Reims: Dec 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 16, 2007

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2012 at 6:40 PM

considering this as a day trip from paris. lovely photos and quite helpful, thank you.val

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Another lovely little paghe about your adventures in France. I must admit that I haven't visited many cities in France yet.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2009 at 10:52 AM

I ditto what Willy Wonka said. What a beautiful place and the champagne is a bous! Nice page Kristi!

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2007 at 7:22 AM

I'm also considering a day tour to Reims from Paris, so your tips were really helpful. Thank you.

• Mar 22, 2007 at 11:34 PM

holy schmoly, this is the place i need to visit! champagne abounds! and not just cheap champers either, but the top notch stuff! wonky needs to get here some day! :)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2007 at 8:56 AM

Those are impressive looking buildings you toured in Reims! Yes, December is the 'off-season' for tourism in Europe, but I've quite enjoyed our last two winter trips to England. If only I could swing France into the mix one of these times!

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2007 at 10:59 AM

I spent one night in Reims after a visit to Moet & Chandon. Mmmm....champagne!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2006 at 5:12 AM

What a lovely Reims page Kristi. Especially enjoyed St. Remi's Basilica and Notre Dame with its amazing brilliant blue "Marc Chagall" stained glass window.

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2006 at 2:22 AM

Well well well!! Hehehe... seems I am following your footsteps! I had no idea you had been to Reims. It will be the last stop on our EU Roadtrip that starts next week!!! Champagne... here I COME!!! Hic..!

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2006 at 7:39 AM

I hope to get to Reims soon and will sip the bubbly and admire Our Lady. Thanks for the tips.

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Reims