"January 2006 VT meeting" Greater London by Dabs

Greater London Travel Guide: 25,930 reviews and 57,468 photos

Princess Kat and Stunning Jen

With Kat and I, it always starts with an innocent comment, "sure would be nice if you could come to Toronto", "December in Chicago is a lot of fun", "cheap airfares to London in January". It usually doesn't take much for us to persuade the other to hop on that plane! After London, it's my turn, where will 2006 take us Kat?

Man, what a party the two of you threw! When Jen (Jenniflower) announced the meeting welcoming Kat (Keida84) to London, I'm sure she was totally unprepared for the overwhelming response to her invitation. 20, 30 people? Try 88.5!!!!

KitKat, thanks for twisting my arm and Jen, thanks for the warm welcome back to London, the two of you are the best!!!!

Ed, the VTHMOTY

After making the leap and booking my tickets, I started to work on Ed (Kaspian), he seemed like he really wanted to go, little did I know that it would take months of BEGGING, PLEADING, and GROVELING to get him to come to London, but it was well worth the effort, I had a blast hanging around with him, wandering aimlessly through the streets of London, eating street food, popping into churches and dark alleys, hunting for Jack the Ripper and witnessing what we thought to be a heroic whale rescue on the Thames (alas, it was not to be). Ed's the only person, besides my hubby, who likes to walk nearly as much as I do and eats faster than me (I've never met anyone who eats faster than me!!!)

And as predicted, only one printable photo of the two of us together, very fitting that it happens to be in front of a beer truck ;-)

SURPRISE!

The best surprise of the weekend ended up being Hansi (Waalewiener) popping over from Spain, I now know better than to trust Canadian men when they protest too much that they are not coming ;-)

• Last visit to Greater London: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 6, 2006

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Sorry! Can't help with cheap London food tips - you've probably spent more time there than I have! (Despite me only living a 2 hour train ride away!) I tend to avoid the place as much as possible...only venturing down there when absolutely necessary! ;-)

• Kaspian's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2006 at 7:02 PM

That reminds me--I did want to write something about Southwark Cathedral. Is that a "Thing to Do" or "Off the Beaten Path"??

• poons's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2006 at 1:46 AM

Thanks Kristi - your London pics and commentary are great... what a shame we didn't bump into you all on the Sunday.

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2006 at 10:44 AM

haha lovely pics and commentary, thanks Kristi! Such a shame re the little whale! Jen x

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2006 at 8:51 AM

Kristi, thanks for sharing all the fun and frolic of you and your VT mates. Sounds incredibly fun. That Hans is a real "trickster"!

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2006 at 8:14 AM

Love these pics

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2006 at 1:02 PM

Leave it to you to find the "whale" you simply amaze me. Kat

• Acirfa's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2006 at 8:46 AM

Some fab pics here, they have made me smile, I love the papparazzi one.

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2006 at 8:27 AM

That pic of you and Ed was so so well timed with the London Pride truck driving past at the right time... hehehe

• ellielou's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2006 at 1:38 PM

how fun....but, of course, I was hoping for some real "insider" news!!! (was there TOO much hugging?) thinking of creating a limit for Balto mtg...and, on flash photography as well!

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Greater London

• 1,384 Forum posts

Have you been to Greater London?

Latest Activity in Greater London