"Easter Island" Easter Island by mfwagner
Easter Island Travel Guide: 628 reviews and 1,507 photos
First things first, Molly and I officially got engaged on March 10th
in Easter Island. We had been on a hike all day and stopped to sit on
the edge of the cliff overlooking the Pacific. I literally "popped" the question. I was just sitting there thinking, "well, this would be
an amazing place to do it", so I just asked. It was actually a great
place to do it too.
Easter Island is truly one of those amazing places that you just have to go to. It has great people, beautiful beaches, wonderful culture, amazing historical things and lovely scenery. It has Polynesian culture but is officially "owned" and run by Chile.
The place is the most remote inhabited island in the world. It is
2200 miles from the nearest place with people. How did people find
this place 2000 years ago? Not a clue. The traditional name of the
island is "Te Pito o Te Henua" which means "The center (or navel) of the world". Locals now call the island "Rapa Nui" and it got today's
name, Easter Island, because the Dutch sailor Jacob Reggeveen, "found" the island on Easter Sunday, 1722.
mfwagner's Related Pages
Easter Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Easter Island - Rapa Nui"
- "Easter Island and the Stone Heads"
- "Mysteries and moai"
- "Rapa Nui - a very special feeling"
- "Easter Island - The Most Remote Frontier On Earth"
- "An Island of Legend, Beauty, and Mystery"
- "wadekorzan's new Easter Island Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Easter Island
- Hotels in Easter Island
- Transportation in Easter Island
- Nightlife in Easter Island
- Restaurants in Easter Island
- Shopping in Easter Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Easter Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Easter Island
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Easter Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Easter Island
Top 10 Pages
- Morocco Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Laos Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Ireland Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- China Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Chile Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Bolivia Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Easter Island Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Mongolia Intro, 3 photos