"What to do in Beijing" Beijing by Waxbag
Beijing Travel Guide: 6,295 reviews and 15,868 photos
There are several things to occupy your time in China's sprawling capital of 14 million. The obvious ones are a visit to:
Tiananmen Square, the symbol of communist China
the Forbidden City, symbol of the great Ming Dynasty and Chinas 500 year seclusion
the hutong, Beijing’s traditional streets and houses that are being bulldozed to make room for fancy hotels in preparation for the Olympics
the Temple of Heaven, a marvelous Ming Dynasty temple on the cover of every ‘Go to China’ brochure.
the Lama temple, a beautiful and colorful Tibetan temple that is the largest outside Tibet.
Walk the 10km section of the Great wall from Jinshinling to Simatai.
Other lower ranked activities include:
Riding around on the Beijing metro for kicks, it’s incredible cheap and people watching is fun.
Check out Wangfujing Snack street and grab a fried starfish or a scorpion that is still moving on a kebab.
Grab some flapjacks at one of the many McDonalds and feel really guilty for it but immediately forget it when you pop that pancake in your mouth and chase it down with a hot coffee.
Speaking of coffee, grab a Starbucks coffee inside the Forbidden City despite all the protest and hype over one of the biggest Western symbols of Capitalism hocking a 25cent beverage for $4 bucks in the most important symbol of China and it's communist regime.
Taking photos of the Chinglish on the back of your guesthouse door.
Waxbag's Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- "Beijing----gives you much more than you expected!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
Photos in BeijingSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- China Intro, 11 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kalahari Gemsbok National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Saint Lucia Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jaisalmer Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Beijing hotel reviews
- Grand Hotel Beijing
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Peking International Youth Hostel
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Tangyue Hotel Beijing
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013
- Yue Wei Zhuang Hotel
- 704 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Beijing Hotel
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 31, 2013
- Hollyear Hotel Beijing
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Fragrant Hill Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 27, 2013
- Zhaolong Hotel
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- The Westin Beijing, Financial Street
- 340 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- China World Summit Wing
- 119 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Home Inn Beijing Guomao
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 20, 2012
- Hutong Inn Beijing Culture Hotel
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 23, 2013
- Rj Brown Hotel
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 10, 2013
- East Gate Plaza Service Apartment Beijing
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 16, 2011
- Leo Hostel
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013