"A place in the middle of no where" Namibia by Waxbag
Namibia Travel Guide: 2,210 reviews and 6,552 photos
Namibia is a country with vast deserts that role right to the sea. It is one of the dryest places in the world yet it is a place of unbelievable beauty and perhaps on of the most picturesque places i have ever been. My friends and family think that the picture i took here beat all of my others.
Namib-Nauklfut National Park
Even though the Skeleton Coast of Namibia brings to mind endless stretches of sand where nothing lives and death is the only certainty for grounded ships and their crew, its cold waters are bursting with marine life. The Artic Benguela Current is plankton rich attracting mackerel, anchovies, and pilchards which in turn bring cape fur seals, sharks, and a plethora of bird life as well.
Cape Cross is one of the largest and best know of the seal colonies. It contains thousands and thousands of seals that are practically on top of each other there is so many. Even in the water you can see them floating, frolicking, and fighting to use a poor onamonapea. The site is quite spectacular and so is the smell.
Here is a shot of me and my spectacular mom on the rim of the Fish River Canyon. If you have a cool mom like me who is adventerous enough to go to a place in the middle of no where like Namibia then your lucky. My mom is the greatest!
Etosha is one of the largest game parks in Africa covering an area of 22,270 sq km. The central landmark here is the Etosha Pan. Covering nearly 5000 sq km, the pan is vast salt plain, remnant of a large inland lake. The pan is mostly dry but occasionally floods bringing thousands of flamingos and white pelicans. The surrounding limestone formations create a reservoir that supply the pan and various water holes with water to support the huge numbers of plant life and wildlife. Most of the vegetation grows around the surrounding pan in the limestone ground. Sweet grass and umbrella-thorn acacias provide the greatest source for browsers and grazers. The park boasts 114 species of mammal including black-faced impala, black rhino, mountain zebra, and brown hyena.
Etosha National Park
- Pros:beautiful deserts, world class game parks, another world competely
- Cons:no public access to desirable locations
- In a nutshell:Visiting here feels like visiting another planet
There is not much here in this small town that is one of Nambia's largest. There are serveral good food stores and banks... more travel advice
Sesreim camp ground is the only camping available inside the park. It is desirable to stay inside the park because the... more travel advice
Waxbag's Related Pages
Namibia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Extreme World"
- "Namibia, an unknown yet unique African gem"
- "SAND, SUN AND SKYDIVING !!!!!"
- "Namibia - the dry paradise"
- "Namibian Safari"
- "Namibia - my introduction to Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Namibia
- Hotels in Namibia
- Transportation in Namibia
- Nightlife in Namibia
- Restaurants in Namibia
- Shopping in Namibia
- Warnings and Dangers in Namibia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Namibia
- 45 Reviews
- 111 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Namibia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Namibia
- updated a Namibia Travel Page "A place in the middle of no where"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A place in the middle of no where"
- Posted in Travel Masai Mara Game Reserve Forum "Re: Rainy seasons"
- Commented on one of 850prc's Namibia travel pages
- Wrote a Review Keetmanshoop, Re-Supply, Local Interests in Namibia Off The Beaten Path
Photos in NamibiaSee All Photos (111)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- China Intro, 11 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kalahari Gemsbok National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Saint Lucia Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jaisalmer Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues