"Labna on La Ruta Puuc" Labna by Waxbag
Labna Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 22 photos
Labna is one the most interesting sites along La Ruta Puuc. It is located in a jungle setting although all the structures have been cleared and mostly restored. Labna is a Late Classic site reaching its height in the 9th century with approximately 3000 residence. Like all Mayan cities in the Yucatan water was a major issue due to the dry climate. Labna had many cisterns or chultunes to support its people throughout the year. The architecture of these structures is very detailed and decorative that is typical of the Puuc Style.
- Pros:Excellent Puuc Style City
- Cons:Hard to get to but not impossible.
On Sunday why not take advantage of free admission to the Mayan ruins and visit the Ruta Puuc sites including Labna.... more travel advice
The most significant site at Lubna is El Arco (the Arch). It is the entrance to a courtyard from the pyramid. Presumably... more travel advice
Waxbag's Related Pages
Labna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Labna on La Ruta Puuc"
- "Puuc Route - Labna"
- "Pictures of Labna"
- "Labna - Ruta Puuc."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Labna
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Labna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Labna
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- China Intro, 11 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kalahari Gemsbok National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Saint Lucia Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jaisalmer Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues