"Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park" Bwindi National Park by Waxbag
Bwindi National Park Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 32 photos
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, which covers 331 km2, is located in the southwest corner of Uganda near the borders of Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo, formerly called Zaire. In the 1990s Bwindi was the number one place to trek the mountain gorillas until 1999 when eight tourists were kidnapped and murdered in the park. Security has since been upgraded and is now considered safer than ever to visit. There are 4 groups of gorillas that have been habituated to humans, three in the northwest section of the park and one in the southwest section. We trekked the group in the south called the Nkoringo group. The Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) only authorizes 36 permits a day, eight per group and recommends booking permits at least three months in advance. We waited 10 days for our permits. Permit holders pay $360 to enjoy one hour maximum with the gorillas.
See the video at Tracking the Nkoringo Gorillas
- Pros:The Gorillas are Amazing
- Cons:Really Really Expensive, also expensive!
Waxbag's Related Pages
Bwindi National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park"
- "Bwindi's Tough & Beautiful Jungle"
- "Bwindi NP"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bwindi National Park
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Bwindi National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bwindi National Park
Photos in Bwindi National ParkSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- China Intro, 11 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kalahari Gemsbok National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Saint Lucia Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jaisalmer Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues